Search results

1. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

I'll look into that. Have any suggestions on good but not too expensive units?
  2. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

The only "sanitizing" we do is pouring a little bleach in the cistern once a month. The water we drink also goes through a reverse osmosis filter. The rest of the house is just filtered by two filters after it comes out of the tank. Haven't had any problems and the taste is better than the...
  3. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

Yes, we do drink that gutter water. All of the houses around here use that as their only source of water. I'm sure that I didn't leave anything on the filters but that is a good thing to double check.
  4. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

Ok. Understand about the lube helping it seal and prevent leaks. I'll be sure and lube it next time I open it up. It's not leaking now though. I'm really thinking that I need to check where the filter system is connected to the pipes to see if there is any sediment build up in there...
  5. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

Ok. I will do that when I get home. Can you explain more about how a failed o-ring will put me out of action? Does it block the flow of water? I didn't lube the o-rings the last time I changed the filters so I will check those as well.
  6. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

Valveman, I believe that I have plenty of water in the tank. I can knock on it and it sounds solid up to about the 2/3 mark. Above that has the hollow sound. The pump only turns on when the pressure in the tank gets to around 38 or so and then turns off when it gets back up to 60. I have not...
  7. jrmylmach1

Cistern Water Pressure

Hello All, I have a perplexing situation. Our house has a cistern as its water source. It collects the rain from the roof through the gutters. Inside the basement I have a 1hp pump that feeds into a 86 gallon pressure tank. It then goes through two filters and into the house. I am having...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks