Search results

1. EldonP

Mystery Exterior Clean Outs

Anything could happen in the question mark portion of my diagram, but from what I can see without a scope, they both bend toward the building. I'll be excavating the front yard at some point, so I'll be able to move them then.
  2. EldonP

I suspect the same guy is responsible for this in the basement:
  3. EldonP

Here's a pic. You can't see the other cleanout... it has only an inch clearance under the meter!
  4. EldonP

Hi all, I've got a curiosity in my front yard, and I'm hoping that someone out there has seen this or can reason what's going on. Below is an illustration of two clean outs located just inches from the bottom of the gas meter (very convenient!). I took off the caps and I can see that both bend...
  5. EldonP

Venting new main floor bath.. will this work??

Unless anyone figures otherwise, it's looking like this is the way to go.. Or, of course, give up the extra space in this tiny room and run pipes through the walls behind the sink. I still need to double check in the code whether the vent between the toilet and the stack is required.. I recall...
  6. EldonP

A little bit of research reveals that the vertical run maximum is somewhere in the neighborhood of 24" and I'm not kneeling to wash my hands, so looks like AAV it is!
  7. EldonP

Mike, if I understand you correctly, the two issues with #3 are that the toilet needs a separate vent and the drop from the sink to the trap might be too long. Here's a new diagram with the toilet vent added. I'll have to look into the sink and toilet drop lengths.. Any keywords I should look...
  8. EldonP

Sorry, not used to the forum format.. That reply was meant for Hammerlane
  9. EldonP

From your reply and the others, I see that a vent must take off from above the trap. I'd love to do something like you propose in green, but I'm hoping to avoid running pipe in that location. This exercise may prove that this is impossible, however. We'll see.. To answer your question, I'd...
  10. EldonP

Hi All, I'm trying to plan a new bathroom on our main floor that's directly below the one on our main floor. The pictures below say it all, but in essence I'm trying to vent a sink and toilet without running pipes up the wall at the fixture locations. I've got lots of space in the basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks