Search results

1. duke957

older brass copper cast metals appreciation--newbie

OK I'll let it go with the following.I am an hvac licensed mechanical contractor in sc.I am just as interested in early brass copper-brass valves materials etc. as I am with mr. willis carrier.I can not- can not -understand a master plumber who says he is uninterested in quality materials.I...
  2. duke957

Why are we still saying throw it in the recycle bin?Why not learn these valves?Is it because we believe in easy fast cheap plastic ?Our grandfathers invented this stuff.Point being---Faucet seats nylon or brass are easily changed.Rubber parts still piled up on shelves and **** are out...
  3. duke957

Thanks as a tear rolls-You see?--Aw hell throw that brass & copper in the trash-honey pick me up a plastic fill valve will ya?-you made my point.I remember the same brass internals in a toilet from 1965 to 1978.Well water of course
  4. duke957

Hey all-I just joined from the east coast in sc.I am just now hitting certain crossroads in life---QUESTION-The older brass toilet fill valves or ballcocks-Why doesn't anyone appreciate the old reliable simple stuff?Cast brass even anti siphon like wolverine and mansfield 07 series?.I am sick...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks