Search results

1. PamB

Well pump not working

When we purchased out property it didn't have a well. It cost us $6,000.00 and that was 19 years ago, I can only imagine what it would cost now. 6-7 years ago we had the pump replaced and that cost $1,300.00. My monthly income is less than that. My husband was in a car accident that left him...
  2. PamB

Well pump not working

Believe me, if I could afford a professional I would in a heartbeat. My husband and I are both on disability and believe me its not much. I have two choices, fix it myself or go without running water. Borrowing money is not an option. Thank you for your help.
  3. PamB

Well pump not working

Thanks for the response. We threw the breaker as soon as we saw the water wasn't running, but we have no way of knowing when it stopped in the middle of the night. I will have to find a clip around amp meter. I guess we will have to pull the pump if there is power going to it. I am not looking...
  4. PamB

Well pump not working

That's ok. The pump is 240V, hence my hesitation. My step-dad always taught me to respect electricity. The pressure switch is a Square D and no lever. I've changed the pressure switch in the past so changing it this time wasn't a big deal. I can't find the multimeter's instruction book, I've had...
  5. PamB

Well pump not working

Multimeter, there's a word I know, LOL. Our water lines from the well is 2 foot deep. Even if the pipe from the well was frozen, wouldn't the pump hum or something?
  6. PamB

Well pump not working

We have heat tape on the lines below the insulation under our trailer. After the first freeze we put a heat lamp on the pressure switch even though the heat tape wraps around the back side going into the main water pipe. As soon as we saw the water slow to a trickle we opened all the faucets to...
  7. PamB

Well pump not working

Its a submersible pump, the well is 310 feet deep. We live in a mobile home and the pressure tank, control box and pressure switch is under the trailer. When I checked the capacitor the control box was open and the breaker was off, so no power. I don't want to sound like an idiot but I don't...
  8. PamB

Well pump not working

We have heat tape on the lines below the insulation under our trailer. The burst water lines were above the insulation, 1st time in 15 years. After the first freeze we put a heat lamp on the pressure switch even though the heat tape wraps around the back side going into the main water pipe. We...
  9. PamB

Well pump not working

Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why my well pump isn't working. We live in Southeast Missouri and so far the winter has been brutal! The first severe freeze burst our water pipes, even though we left the water running in an attempt to avoid exactly that. We replaced what was broken...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks