Search results

1. slowgsxr97

Freeze Prevention Heat Tape

Thanks for the replies. I have had some unexpected things pop up, and haven't got this done yet. I did buy this in a 6' length. It says its thermostatically controlled. I really wish I had a wireless thermometer in there right now, going to be in the negatives in the morning, curious what it...
  2. slowgsxr97

Freeze Prevention Heat Tape

I have never had water turned on to this property. The main supply line and the trap for the bathtub is in the crawl space. The crawl space is vented to the outside air. I need to keep both from freezing. I purchased a 6' section of Frost King heat cable. It says it is usable on copper and...
  3. slowgsxr97

Setting Bathtub Floor out of level.

Tested it in my socks today lol. I will never set another tub without sand mix again. This thing it SOLID!!! Wish I had done mine this way. Thanks again everyone!!!
  4. slowgsxr97

Got it set today. Got a bag of sand mix from menards. Im a little worried I mixed it to dry. I will find out tomorrow how the tub feels when I stand in it. I was able to get to the front of the tub through the access panel in the closet and really form the sand mix nicely on the front of the...
  5. slowgsxr97

Thanks!!! Menards has something called floor mud for $14 for a 50lb bag. Is that what "deck mud" is? They do not carry the quickcrete "deck mud" Will one bag be enough in your opinion?
  6. slowgsxr97

Setting a fiberglass tub in the morning for my dad. I completely gutted his bathroom down to the original subfloor, 3/4" 1x8's. I installed 1/2" concrete board over the entire floor. In my alcove for the tub, it is level side to side. But I am a 1/2" out of level longways in 5 feet. This...
  7. slowgsxr97

Where to buy a fitting like this?

I really appreciate all the info and knowledge from everyone and the forums. I know why plumbers apprentice for 4-5 years. There is WAY more to it than people realize. I went through a 5 year apprenticeship for my trade also. Thanks again. Warning, Ill be back when I do the bathroom in the...
  8. slowgsxr97

Ok found a local supply house that had a 4x4x2x2 sanitary cross. Here is a pic of it. Let me know what you think terry.
  9. slowgsxr97

Will a clean out be required above the cross? I used the wye for clean out purposes.
  10. slowgsxr97

guess I should have waited to cover this back up... uhhhhgggg!!!!
  11. slowgsxr97

Alright Terry heres what I came up with, hoping in good to go. 4x2 Double reducing wye for vanity. Vent from basement ran to attic tied into stack for future bathroom, and lastly my wall opinging where the auto vent for tub will go. Auto vent will end up being about 12" above the tub rim. Hope...
  12. slowgsxr97

Allready have a big access panel for the tub, so the auto vent will be moved. I will post pics up soon as I get the other stuff roughed in. Thanks for all your help.
  13. slowgsxr97

Got ya hj, I found PVC Double Reducing Wye, 4x4x2x2. Gotta order it, should arrive thursday or so. In the very near future I have to put in a macerating toilet and sink set up in the basement, "water table way to high to cut in the floor, both neighbors cant keep water out where they cut on...
  14. slowgsxr97

so I cant tie into the 1 1/2" allready out of the wall for both sinks to avoid opining the wall right?
  15. slowgsxr97

The stack and toilet are 6 feet center to center, bathtub branch line has an auto vent on it. I don't know if the auto vent is legal, I would think it needs to vent back into the stack in the attic or above the bath sink somewhere. But I need to figure the sink situation out first.
  16. slowgsxr97

Built in 1954, all bath plumbing has been converted to pvc at one time and layout changed. Ill sketch out what I have in just a few.
  17. slowgsxr97

I can get pics later, what all would you like to see? Plumbing in basement? Bathroom wall is not opened up.
  18. slowgsxr97

let me back up a bit, right now theres a single 1 1/2" drain out of the wall in the bathroom vanity, is there a legal way to hook 2 sinks into the one drain?
  19. slowgsxr97

the 4" is a straight shot from into the basement floor to out the roof. It has a toilet, tub, and vanity on it now. I have 2 floor drains in the basement one is about 10 feet away from the stack, the other is about 20 feet away. the kitchen drains into the floor into 2" 20 feet away from the...
  20. slowgsxr97

Yes everything is after the sink, its just vent through the roof above the sink. Single floor ranch with basement
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks