Search results

1. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

Hey thanks guys, much clearer picture of what is possible and why.
  2. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

Ok so then it would seem the way I was going to do it must be considered in parallel. I think the single inlet outlet tee on a pressure tank confuses me since my galvanized tank has seperate inlet an outlet. I guess I will keep the original tank pressurized maybe add a pressure tank and then...
  3. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

My tank has inlet and outlet at the bottom. I was thinking on coming out of the outlet and into a pressure tank tee fitting which would be screwed into a pressure tank. Wanted to let the old tank waterlogged so I wouldn't have to keep filling it. This would work but I don't believe draw down is...
  4. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

I do believe you may be correct. If I pipe the tanks in series I think the only way this would work is if I had a booster pump between the two tanks. Allowing the first tank (un pressurized storage) to pump into the bladder tank as it drains First tank would then have to be vented to allow air...
  5. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

So you think I would have the full load of this huge tank plus the bladder tank? I can't see how that's possible cuz you only have whatever the pressure is in the bladder to replace the exiting water. correct? Would seem like water from larger un pressurized tank would be replacing water...
  6. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

Vacation what's that ? Ya the more I look at it I don't think there is much chance of catastrophic failure. This thing is "built like a tank" Got one seam that runs from top to bottom that's like 1/2 inch welding bead that's just perfect old school welding the whole way. I'm crazy for old...
  7. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

I see. I was under the impression that both tanks might draw down equal if in series. Effectively doubling the draw down of the pressure tank,but not giving you the full capacity of the larger volume un pressurized tank. I should have gone to college for physics:(
  8. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

No anodes that I can find. I have replaced a few anodes in my time for water heaters. At work we have some large commercial tanks in parallel and when we replace, the new ones come with aluminum rods as opposed to magnesium. We have Lake Michigan water around here that is treated and the...
  9. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

My gut says I should replace it but when I look at how it's constructed and the gauge of the Steel ,I wonder. It has super thick walls and the welding around top,bottom and pipe openings is really quality and big. So I wonder could I add valves to inlet and outlet of old tank with a bypass...
  10. Snoozo

Tank from 1948 replace ?

New guy here. Bought my house bout 5 years ago and have been adding air as needed. Last week the start cap blew in the control box and started me investigating the system. I realize I have no info on the pump or the well. I think I have 12 Gpm but that's all I know. New relay and cap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks