Search results

1. monty

Help: Galvanized supply pipe riser to irrigation Back Flow Preventer leak

Sorry I didn't see this last post Sorry I just saw this post...Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, the PVC pipe is all under the ground a good 1 foot or so. The only exposed pipe is the galvanized, which goes below grade that 1 foot or so and connects to that underground PVC pipe...I don't...
  2. monty

I did consider copper - but didn't know how well it would work, or if it would improve things. I decided that fixing it for now in galvanized was my best option. Our main domestic water is copper where it comes out of the ground and enters the house. I wasn't sure which copper to use and if it...
  3. monty

I thought I would update the thread... Without any other advice I decided I should just copy the original setup. I am in the middle of re-doing it at this point. Above is a photo of the failing section - there is a hose clamp and rubber on the leaking area... I took it apart last night and...
  4. monty

We have a fairly new house (built in 2011) with an irrigation back flow prevention setup that has a leak. The risers from the buried PVC water supply pipe up to the valve are galvanized steel threaded pipe, and the supply side one now has a pinhole leak. This leak is right at the ground level...
  5. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Thanks for the suggestion. After looking harder at the piping (me not being an expert by any measure...) it does appear that the cold water for the rest of the house is not branched off of this line at all, sorry for stating that in my other posts. So this is just the hot water supply...
  6. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

AFAIK there isn't one - as the water at the street in our location is 60psi.
  7. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Well now I am not totally sure, looking at the pipes again, where the cold water supply to the house comes and goes. The valve is certainly on the cold supply the hot water heater... I have taken 2 more photos that show the side of the system with the valve and recirculate line. Hope it...
  8. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Hi HJ, I am not understanding what you are saying above. Could you help me understand it better? The check valve is on the incoming city cold water service and precedes all cold water feeds into the house - the pipe then branches off and one line goes up to the cold water distribution...
  9. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Thanks for the suggestion - in the description of this part I see the following (my emphasis added) "Series 600 Bronze Silent Check Valves efficiently perform all of the functions of a swing check or vertical lift check valve and at the same time operate silently to prevent the effects of water...
  10. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Thank you for the help. Is it possible to have a small sound that we are just (too) sensitive to with this swing check valve? I think there is more sound because it is somehow right into a stucco wall - it is much more noticeable inside the home - I think the stud bay is acting like a...
  11. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Thanks for the help... The picture is the 60psi cold water supply coming into the house from city water (coming in from the left) - the check valve is the first component in the chain at that point. The lower larger line feeds the water heater down and back to the left - the smaller copper...
  12. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Update - Photo Enclosed The pressure is very stable. This is a brand new home - all modern fixtures, mostly pex tubing, and should be compliant with the applicable plumbing codes. I guess the local inspector insisted on this check valve - including the actual part number to use. Here is...
  13. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Hi, We are having a problem that was isolated to our check valve at our cold water input to our hot water heater. Whenever we have a quick shutoff of water (toilet, sink, dishwasher, clothes washer etc...) the check valve has a thump/bang that is fairly noticeable. The biggest problem...
  14. monty

Water Heater - Incomplete recirculate loop

I am responsible for replacing a failing water heater at my work location - that is a pretty easy solution...take out the old State water heater and put in a new one. Simple & Done. However, I was looking at the installation and there is a Grundfos pump (Model UP 15-18 SU) connected to an...
  15. monty

Yet Another 3 Handle Tub/Shower Diverter Question

Purchased a Price Pfister Replacement at Lowes Sunday - part fit perfectly - works much better than before! Thanks for the help everyone. Once again this forum is great for DIY and helping the clueless... I told the property owner he should look into replacing the 3 valves with modern...
  16. monty

Thanks for the info! Will look at the lifetime options as well.
  17. monty

I have a problem with my current rental (not my dime to fix, but need to get it working better). We are hoping the entire tub and shower gets replaced soon. I also think it is slowly leaking in the back causing other trouble. This is a Price Pfister I Think - based on the tub spout? Below...
  18. monty

New sink install, not draining, garburator blows water up the 2nd sink

Is that a Standard Tee, or a Baffle Tee at the intersection of from the disposal? AFAIK It needs a Baffle Tee to prevent upward splashing and movement of water/junk from the pump effect of the disposal...my guess anyway. There are also brass baffle tees that provide a bit more clearance if it is...
  19. monty

Advice for new construction bath/shower thermostatic valves & handles

I was mistaken calling it Title 24 - it is actually CalGreen and it does apply to us - our city code already had something pretty close to this in place as well, so they are will enforce it. My only hope is that the shower can be deemed a 2 person shower and can then have 2 separately...
  20. monty

Advice for new construction bath/shower thermostatic valves & handles

Are there diverters that exist to control 3 heads independently and exclusively? I am now re-thinking my use of 3 heads - seems like It would be nice to have 2 wall shower heads on at one time. Now they would have to be 1.2 gpm each - I guess I could change them in the future, after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks