Search results

1. boostnut

Culligan iron cleer replacement recommendations?

Good analogy skyjumper, I hear what you're saying. Ive owned the home and maintained the existing 18 year old unit for 8 and a half years. Sure, it could be brought back to life but its an 18 year old mechanical system, and culligan charges and arm and a leg for service. Doesn't make dollars and...
  2. boostnut

That wasn't the case at all. I had every intention of buying from the guy who came out, until I learned his product uses proprietary everything. Service and maintenance costs are the reason I'm done with Culligan. I didn't know until his visit yesterday that his products are also proprietary, I...
  3. boostnut

While that's an option I'd rather not. I'd prefer to install something that I can service, culligans service costs are ridiculous.
  4. boostnut

Update, I had a water test done today. Iron was confirmed at aprox. 4, Hardness tested at 376 ppm, Ph is just over 7. The local company that ran the test suggests that I replace the old Culligan iron cleer with another air injecting type of system. I agree, we didn't have any water issues when...
  5. boostnut

Aside from making the adjustments above should I be looking at adding something like Res-up to the equation? I'm all for it, if it will help the softener do its job.
  6. boostnut

Yes and yes. Regen is every 3 days, usually. I'm using around 80 lbs of salt every 6 weeks, I only use Morton rust remover salt, nothing else.
  7. boostnut

I'm not sure how the 51 gallon regen was figured but it certainly doesn't regen that often. We have 3 people in the house, 2 of which take long showers daily. My wife constantly has the washer & dishwasher running. No way its running a regen every 51 gallons.
  8. boostnut

Ok, here's what mine shows: Flo - o.o Gal - 38 14dy - 5 Totl - 2236 Day5 - 0 Thats all, it returns to flo if i hit "-" again.
  9. boostnut

That appears to work correctly. Started at 0 then jumped to 4 with an open faucet & toilet flush.
  10. boostnut

So you're suggesting that the resin i just put in a few months ago is already shot?
  11. boostnut

For those who have asked, here are copies of our most recent lab tests. Hopefully this helps.
  12. boostnut

I appreciate your feedback but I don't understand the need for a new softener. The softener still operates properly and the resin is new. Would you mind explaining why the softener should also be replaced, I must be missing something here.
  13. boostnut

Yes, the iron cleer unit has a top mounted air pump. And yes, fluoride is being added, not at my home but at the community well. No chlorine.
  14. boostnut

Ok, I'll try to make this short. My current equipment is a Culligan Medalist softener and a Culligan iron cleer unit, both installed in 2002. I replaced the resin in the softener with Purolite a few months ago. I've been bypassing the iron cleer unit for over 6 months. It needed attention, the...
  15. boostnut

Help with awful smell after iron out treatment

Quick followup, I was wrong about the age of the softener, it's 18 years old not 25. Probably not relevant, it's old, period. Anyway, I cleaned everything thoroughly & replaced the resin with purolite. The brine tank had a bunch of old salt caked in the bottom and smelled awful. It's possible...
  16. boostnut

Help with awful smell after iron out treatment

Long story short, I have a 25 year old Culligan medallist softener that wasn't effectively doing its job. I mixed up a batch of Iron Out per the instructions, added it to the brine tank and ran a regen cycle. The next day our water smelled like eggs, 2 weeks later after at least 6 regen's it...
  17. boostnut

cullingan iron cleer constantly draining

Thanks for the input! I've searched around for Cullingan parts with no luck, not even e.b.a.y. Any suggestions on where to buy online? Also, I've had no luck finding a parts diagram for this unit & hate the idea of going in blind. Any ideas?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks