Search results

1. Mrk3cobra

Need help troubleshooting low pressure

Problem solved, I pulled the jet and nozzle replaced it with the next size bigger. The pump now cuts out at 52psi and cuts in at 32 psi and with the sprinklers running pressure stays above 30 psi. The well is working great, thanks for all the help. Pete
  2. Mrk3cobra

But the tank has no water I can move it back and forth. I will change the jet and nozzle. thanks, Pete
  3. Mrk3cobra

The sprinklers are low water use, there is 6 heads per valve each head is .65 GPM. the pressure drops off when the tank is empty.
  4. Mrk3cobra

I tried to add back pressure by slowly closing the ball valve, the pressure did not go up until I had the ball valve 3/4 of the way closed. At that point the pressure went up to 30 PSI but the sprinklers were only spraying about two feet. The pressure tank was empty. I will pull the injector...
  5. Mrk3cobra

I will try choking back on the ball valve, will this help with the volume of water. When I tested the pressure was ok until the pressure tank ran out of water then the pressure dropped instantly to 10 psi. I could feel the tank when it ran out of water. thanks, pete
  6. Mrk3cobra

OK I let some air out of the pressure tank, it is at 28PSI with the tank empty did not help. I let the pump run until 38PSI then I turned on the sprinklers and the pressure slowly droped to around 29PSI took about 1 minute then the pressure dropped down to 10 PSI. It appears that the pressure is...
  7. Mrk3cobra

I will check the tank pressure when I get home today. I will also run a test with the pump running and the pressure at 40 psi I will turn on the sprinklers and see if the pump can maintain close to the 40 PSI or if it drops immediately to 10 PSI like it does when the pump cuts in at 30 PSI. I...
  8. Mrk3cobra

There is no regulator the two pipes that go down the well are connected directly to the pump, which is only 1' from the well casing. Should I install the bigger or smaller nozzle to get more volume, I do not have the old injector anymore.
  9. Mrk3cobra

the pump has no label on it. The regulator (the part that controls the cut in and cut out)is on the motor, and the gauge is on the pump.It has worked fine for me for the last 15 years.
  10. Mrk3cobra

The deep jet motor says on it 1/2 HP manufactured by GE. This is an old pump maybe 20 years old. The new injector I bought came with 3 nozzles I think a 51,52,53 I used the 52 and the venture that went with the nozzle per the instructions. I can pull the injector back out and change the...
  11. Mrk3cobra

I will try and let some air out of the tank. How would too much precharge in the pressure tank cause the symptoms I have. Just trying to understand a little better. Thanks, pete
  12. Mrk3cobra

The pressure gauge is on the pump...
  13. Mrk3cobra

The pressure stays at 10 psi until I turn off the sprinklers then it goes up to 50 psi..
  14. Mrk3cobra

I have a deep well jet pump used for irrigation. I just replaced the injector at the bottom of the well because I could not get more then 35 psi. Now the pump shuts off at 50 psi and cuts in at 30 psi, the problem is when the pump cuts in at 30 psi and the sprinklers are on the pressure drops...
  15. Mrk3cobra

Help replacing deep well injector

I just pulled the pipe out if my well to inspect the injector. I have a GE 1/2 HP deep well jet pump. The water level is at 18 feet, the injector and the foot valve are at 25 feet. After doing some research, I read that the injector should be 5 feet up from the foot valve. Does this mean when I...
  16. Mrk3cobra

Well pump will not build enough pressure to cut out

We're do I buy a new injector online, and how to do I size the injector with my well setup. Thanks, pete
  17. Mrk3cobra

Does all the water go through the 1/4" hole in the center of the funnel? Does some water go around the outside of the funnel?
  18. Mrk3cobra

So if the 1/4" hole is open the injector is good? Pete
  19. Mrk3cobra

Ok I pulled the Injector, what I see is a small plastic funnel on the 1 1/4 line. There is a 1/4" hole at the bottom of the funnel. There is sand packed around the plastic funnel. This is the first time I have seen an injector so I am not sure how they work. Is the water pulled up through the 1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks