Search results

1. ndwolf

help sizing pump

your right on the 1.25. He also said use 1 inch so ill go with that. i also said to him that goulds has centripro motors and he said they use franklin. i ask twice to just make sure and he said yes they put the franklin on the goulds. i guess you guys know better than i do on the safety rope...
  2. ndwolf

help sizing pump

i just talked to the well driller today and he said that they have dug wells in this area just like the one he dug for me for yrs and that they always put 4.5 inch casings in. He looked over his records on the dig and says i shouldnt have any problems cooling the pump if i do put it down low at...
  3. ndwolf

help sizing pump

thanks that helped. one other question i have is do you secure the safety cable for the pump along the drop down pipe every so many ft or does the safety cable stay free from the drop down pipe. also i read that 1 1/4" pvc poly stretchs over time. do you have to allow for this in setting the...
  4. ndwolf

help sizing pump

i agree but if i used a 4 inch pump the flow sleeve is not possible so i thought maybe there was some other protection possible. can anyone explain how to put a piece of 3" DWV over a grundfos 3 inch pump. i understand how its suppose to work by causing the flow to go around the motor before...
  5. ndwolf

help sizing pump

does anyone know if they make a 4 inch pump that has overheat protection or is there a control unit that can detect overheat and shut the pump down?
  6. ndwolf

help sizing pump

is the cu301 controller what varies the speed to the motor. if so why do the variable speed stuff get such bad reviews
  7. ndwolf

help sizing pump

thanks for the input everyone. it seems like there is no real answer to this. the choice is install a 4 inch without the sleeve and hope it cools ok or go with the higher rpm 3 inch grunfos with a sleeve and hope it will last just as long. what really gets me now is why the h... the well digger...
  8. ndwolf

help sizing pump

some good insight . thanks im aware of longevity issues relating to rpm speed from operating gen sets and higher rpm never last as long as lower running ones do. Probably is the same for pumps. i noticed they do sell a flow sleeve for the grundfos 3 inch pumps. dont know why though. the 4 inch...
  9. ndwolf

help sizing pump

now i think i understand. you pump air in until the gauge doesnt go up any more because the air is escaping out the bottom and then whatever the gauge reads at that time you divide that by .43 and that tells you how many ft of water there is.
  10. ndwolf

help sizing pump

thats very interesting . how much air do you pump in though still not sure how this works.
  11. ndwolf

help sizing pump

that sounds like a good idea could you direct me to some place that sells that model pump and sleeve. thanks is this what your taking about http://www.aquascience.net/submersible-pumps/index.cfm?id=1296
  12. ndwolf

help sizing pump

how can a 1/4 inch tubing be used to monitor the water level
  13. ndwolf

help sizing pump

yea im also sure it will run dry sooner at 122ft than it would at 126ft. i just dont know what the pros and cons are for putting the pump almost all the way at the bottom of the well (i.e. 126ft.) do wells silt up the last few ft or what about cooling the pump is it harder to cool at the...
  14. ndwolf

help sizing pump

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. wish i would have known about the 5inch casing i would have went with that. the mrs asked the well digger what depth to set the pump at and he said around 120ft so from your input and his staement ill put it at 122 and see how it works. i will...
  15. ndwolf

help sizing pump

i read one of your posts that said the pump should be set above the screen does that mean in my well with the perferated pipe set at 110 to 130 ft i would set the pump at 110 ft. or could i set it alittle deeper. also ive been reading about the cycle stop valve and was wondering if that could be...
  16. ndwolf

help sizing pump

Last year i had a new well dug and now i want to build the pump house and install a well pump. i could use some guidance on selecting a proper pump. ill give the info i have for the well and maybe someone can help me select the proper pump. i thought about just hiring someone to put the pump in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks