Search results

1. MStewart

Jet pump problem

I tried adjusting the control valve on the pump with no success. I'm ready to buy a regulator and wondering what would be the best for my pump. Is the one at Lowes good enough? Will the Goulds AV22 work? What do I do with the control valve on the pump once I install the regulator (close or open...
  2. MStewart

Jet pump problem

I plan on going to my cottage this weekend. I'll give it a try. Thanks
  3. MStewart

Jet pump problem

My mistake. I'm learning slowly about pumps. I'm not sure if I've set the control valve properly. Once the pump get close to 50PSI I back off the valve till it shutters, then I stabilize. The water valve to the house is shut till then. Thanks
  4. MStewart

Jet pump problem

I went to get a Sta-Rite regulator from a local dealer. He claimed that he didn't want me to waste my money. I needed a 2 stage pump (+1000.00). I called the company that did my well and he went to my cottage and said I needed a 2 stage also ( haven't received price yet for a Gould pump). He...
  5. MStewart

Jet pump problem

The manual is for my pump. I've done the priming more times than I'd like to remember. I'm sure I need the regulator. I'll pick up a regulator and give it a try. I really appreciate all the advice. I've had this problem for a while and I'm getting tired of crawling in my crawl space. Thanks
  6. MStewart

Jet pump problem

Can I purchase a regulator at a plumbing place or do I need one from Sta-Rite? How do you know how to adjust it? Thank you for your advise.
  7. MStewart

Jet pump problem

Yes it's a deep well jet pump and I don't have a regulator. The well depth is 121'. In order to regain pressure I have to shut off pump, close water valve to house and start pump again. I don't need to prime. Thanks
  8. MStewart

Jet pump problem

I hope I'm answering this correctly. I have 2 lines that run to pump. Not sure what was done underground but it cost $1100.00.
  9. MStewart

Jet pump problem

Replace a Burk 10HNA 1HP with a Sta-Rite SLE 1HP. Didn't change ejector/jet since that had been work on a few years ago. Works fine till I use large volume of water (toilet flush and washer). The pump cuts in at 30 psi and I will lose all pressure. The pump doesn't lose prime just pressure. The...
  10. MStewart

Please help. Losing pressure. Not prime.

I don't have the low pressure cut-off switch. The jet might be plugged but before my pump froze my system worked great. Before I bought this Sta-Rite pump the web site said this was the replacement pump for the Burks pump that I had before. The well is 121'. Is there a water pressure gauge...
  11. MStewart

Went Up North and found air pressure was high. Lowered it to 28 psi. Seem to work better that weekend, then the following weekend had problems with pressure again. The air valve doesn't leak water when checked and the tank sounds hollow half way up and solid on the lower when tapped on. I lower...
  12. MStewart

Precharge I guess that means tank pressure. That was set at 28 lbs. It's possible it could be waterlogged. Wasn't sure what to look for till searching this forum. Will have to go up north to find out. My pump froze so I'm assuming the tank did also. Could of damaged it. Thanks
  13. MStewart

Replaced a flawless 1 hp 10HD2 Burks that froze with a Sta-Rite SLE-1 deep well jet pump 1HP. Works fine till I use washing machine then flush toilet (example). When pump comes on at 30 PSI the pressure gauge will spike downward and sometimes will recover but other times will lose pressure and...
  14. MStewart

Advice for new pump

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a Sta-Rite today. Thanks
  15. MStewart

Advice for new pump

My Burks (10HNA-2 4gpm) pump froze and broke. I need replacement advice. This is new to me but I'll give all the information I know. Well depth is 121'. Static water head is 76'. The motor was a 1 HP Franklin Electric. It has a 2" well that was repair a few years ago with 2 jet leathers and 1"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks