Search results

1. jhruzek

Clack softener service in Houston

Last night, I disconnected both the brine and drain elbows. I ran the valve through the backwash and brine stages. In the brine stage, I finally got some suction and it drew down the water in the salt tank. I let the regen finish. At that point, there was still a lot of water in the salt...
  2. jhruzek

If I remove the brine line connection and run the valve through all of the different phases, and I never get any suction, what would that indicate?
  3. jhruzek

"Maybe I should have added.... to do that Remove the brine line connection fitting (elbow) on the left side of the control valve as you face it. Some water will drain out of the hole the elbow came out of, sop it up with a rag/towel. Then for maybe a minute watch for water to start flowing out...
  4. jhruzek

I fully agree. I believe I have taken the steps outlined in that post and have indicated what I found. I am not sure what step to take next.
  5. jhruzek

Given that the piston and stack are a total of about $50, it seems like that is a relatively inexpensive approach to try to fix the valve, assuming that I have the right parts chosen (Regenerate piston, V3174, and spacer stack assembly, V3005).
  6. jhruzek

What is the warranty on a Clack WS1? We bought the system in the summer of 2009. If five years, can the warranty be honored without going through the original installer?
  7. jhruzek

If I disconnect the brine line and go through each of the phases, which phase will water come out of the brine line opening.
  8. jhruzek

As to the drain line, I was able to connect a hose to the drain line and run water through it. It is not clogged.
  9. jhruzek

Well, I sucked and got plenty of salt water. I put the valve through the brine cycle and had no suction.
  10. jhruzek

Not to be a total dunce, but how do you put the system into brine and rinse?
  11. jhruzek

As opposed to sucking on the brine line, if I blow on it, won't I see bubbles in the tank?
  12. jhruzek

Ok, I have downloaded the service manual. I see the instructions for removal of the various components. But to check whether there is suction or water going into the brine tank, what steps do I take? Do I start a manual regen? If so, in which stage should I test it?
  13. jhruzek

I am looking for a reference to someone in Houston that services softener systems. The company that installed it, came out and looked at the system and just wanted to completely replace the valve for $800 rather than trying to repair it. The valve seems to be working, but the brine tank is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks