Search results

1. IssuedSig

Water supply upgrade questions

I' pretty darn sure the service line is copper. Interestingly the brass tailpieces on the meter are hall marked FARNAN, from the Farnan Brass Works Co. Cleveland Ohio. I thought that was a neat piece of old plumbing history. I might keep them just because.
  2. IssuedSig

installation of a cast iron ceramic kitchen sink

I like to use a high quality silicone caulk. Don't cheap out spend the extra 3 or 4 bucks! Try to avoid some of the acrylic silicone mixes they tend to get brittle and will get nasty after a while a true silicone will stay flexible. Once you run a good bead of silicone under the edge of...
  3. IssuedSig

help with bathroom smell

Do you have any old DWV piping that isn't being used and not capped off that is still connected to the system? Is your toilet seated properly? It is possible that you have a bad seal at the wax ring and the sewer gas is leaking from the base of the toilet.
  4. IssuedSig

Thanks Terry! At some point I need to upgrade the service to the street. The water company won't change out my meter unless I put a 1 1/4" service in. The elbow at the foundation wall reduces the service from 3/4" to 1/2" I can't wait to change that out. I can't for the life of me...
  5. IssuedSig

Hi Guys I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. Terry you have a great forum and all you guys have great insight. I want to get your advice on upgrading my current water service and show you guys some pictures of a pretty bad homeowner job of re plumbing what was at one time a brass...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks