Search results

1. jfm

Should I replace my rental water heater and how?

Soapm-- When I bought the house 19 years ago, the rental fee ($7/month) was offset by a $7.50 credit for allowing the electric company to control the hours of operation of the water heater. Over the years, the rental fee has crept up and at some point, the credit disappeared. So it's not quite...
  2. jfm

Very good questions, Reach4. When I bought the house, Mass Electric handled the water heater rental. The previous owners had set up a control agreement w/ Mass Electric to only operate the water heater during specified hours, resulting in a monthly credit. So I *thought* the electricity used...
  3. jfm

Ouch, that is not encouraging...but not surprising either. Maybe I should just sell the house before the water heater breaks!
  4. jfm

We have an ancient 100 or 120 gallon cement-lined electric water heater which we rent from the electric company. I am trying to decide if it is worth replacing it (I don't think it will ever die…must be 35 years old by now), and if so, how to get the sucker out of the basement (up stairs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks