Search results

1. Loudgonzo

Delta shower rough valve installation

here's a visual reference, ended up about 3/4" shorter by using a 1x4 instead of 2x4. thanks leo
  2. Loudgonzo

Since the depth will be greater by about 1/4" outside the max specified depth, does this affect the operation? What happens if the valve is too deep?
  3. Loudgonzo

I'm installing the R10000, and after mocking it up, the handle sticks out too far, so we would need to install it about a 1/4" -3/8" deeper into the wall. However now the problem is that using a 2x4 as the stringer, the stringer won't be flush between the studs, it would also need to be pushed...
  4. Loudgonzo

I no longer use that membrane

Yes. I did contact ardex; - Leo, 8+9 and X-5 are approved products by ARDEX to be used with Schluter Kerdi product. Bob Sent from my iPhone - I'm trying to see beyond the bickering here, to be able to build the best DIY shower I can. I know I can follow mfg guidelines and it will...
  5. Loudgonzo

kerdi foam base will go over concrete I thought you previously said you always covered kerdi seams with 8+9?
  6. Loudgonzo

ok, so last questions before we start buying material and begin building. -Wonderboard is better than hardi because it allows thinset to adhere better to it? We will be using 12x20 porcelain tile -Ardex X5 is better than Versabond, use it for covering seams and also coat all all wonderboard as...
  7. Loudgonzo

thanks John, Why would i need to use cement board around the brick, couldn't the outside tile be cut taller to give inwards slope?
  8. Loudgonzo

Why does drywall work in a Kerdi Shower?

Debonding of membrane to substrate is a different issue not discussed in this thread. I'm actually waiting for input on this very topic at this thread https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?54202-Inspection-Check-List-for-Kerdi-Shower-Builds&p=407181&viewfull=1#post407181 A faulty valve...
  9. Loudgonzo

John, what are your thoughts on my approach above? Also, we'll be getting our tile soon, and are wanting the solid curb top, but you said not ideal? thanks, leo
  10. Loudgonzo

The way I'm looking at it is if my valve leaks, and I realize this due to a puddle on the dry/opposite side of shower, I can access the leak from the back side and repair it, the hardi will have gotten wet/damp, but could still be OK after it drys, where as if the sheetrock got wet, it's more...
  11. Loudgonzo

Here's a wider picture of our bath, the stand in shower on the left will be torn out and converted to a storage closet after the walk in shower is completed on the right side. The shower valve and head will be mounted on the wall that is dividing the shower and alcove right now. My reason for...
  12. Loudgonzo

We will be putting up the walls and getting ready for the actual build this coming up weekend. Right now we have the alcove opened up to the studs, and from the picture, you can see the 2x6 studs are not spaced evenly, so I will add 3 studs to the wider spaces to close the gap, helping to even...
  13. Loudgonzo

Water level drop

Thanks John, I'm not so concerned with having a curbless shower as I am with getting a lower than 6" kerdi curb. So what I will do, is use the kerdi pre sloped pan and use bricks instead of the foam curb. I will look into getting a solid curb top instead of tiling the top of curb; and then try...
  14. Loudgonzo

Water level drop

sure, here you go: Location: Wylie Municipal Complex, 300 Country Club Rd., Building 100, 2nd Floor Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT Phone: 972.516.6420
  15. Loudgonzo

Water level drop

This is from our county website, page 3 Section 417.5 Shower floors or receptors; amended to read as follows: Floor surfaces shall be constructed of impervious, noncorrosive, nonabsorbent and waterproof materials. Thresholds shall be a minimum of 2 inches (51 mm) and a maximum of 9 inches...
  16. Loudgonzo

Water level drop

Hi John, were you able to get updated pictures? Also, I read that the top of the curb needs to be at least 2" high from actual shower floor? thanks, Leo
  17. Loudgonzo

shower rough in valve help

Thanks, I agree, but I have time to do this project, and that means I have time to price shop. I believe I know the answer to my question, but wanted to ask to be sure. Leo
  18. Loudgonzo

shower rough in valve help

Hi all, we are purchasing a Delta shower trim and handle for our new shower we are building. We found a faucet, but got confused with which is the correct mixer valve to use with it, because it is suggesting 2 different ones. This is the shower and handle Delta T17T292-RB Addison Tempassure...
  19. Loudgonzo

Water level drop

John, can you post a picture of the shower in progress with the low curb when its completed? I like the tiles and want to see how the this one turns out, especially the floor. thanks, Leo
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks