Search results

1. milesdf

Highest efficiency/lowest cost solution, recirc loop

I currently have a mod/con boiler, buderus gb142-30. I'm thinking about upgrading my hot water heater, which is nearing end of life, to take advantage of the high efficiency boiler, and I've been looking into indirect hot water tanks, which seem to cost about 1000$ or more. I've also been...
  2. milesdf

Destroying cast iron wye from the inside out

I'm going to start a project soon to gut my kitchen, exposing 2/3 of an old cast iron wye in the bathroom above. Two plumbers have now told me that the wye will probably not be able to be removed by dropping it out of the wall because the hub will catch on something, they recommend demoing a...
  3. milesdf

Iron radiator piping life span

I asked this question in the plumbing forum (as part of a larger question), but I think it might be more appropriate here. I am embarking on a full kitchen renovation soon, and will be exposing the piping for at least 2-3 of the 4 upstairs radiators in the house, which is almost 80 years old...
  4. milesdf

Service life of iron and copper: 80 year old house

I am embarking on a full kitchen renovation soon, and there are a couple questions I have not been able to find good answers for on the internet. I figured I would ask them here, after using this site as a resource for years, I finally have a reason to register! My reno will start with a full...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks