Search results

1. Sylvester

Adding a utility sink - Will this work?

Ok, great. Now, if I did it the other way - basically as I drew most recently but with the sink draining ABOVE the washer - that will be a wet vent of the washer, yes?
  2. Sylvester

To connect the sink to the horizontal line, could I vent the trap arm with an AAV? Given the location, I do not have another way to vent.
  3. Sylvester

Forgive me, my morning coffee is still trying to work in. I thought the S-trap was defined by having too short of a trap arm (not 2x the diameter), not necessarily by its venting.
  4. Sylvester

Cacher_chick, is it not permitted to tie in to the existing WM drain, period? Or just because of the siphoning issue? I clearly see what you mean now, Jadnashua. Another concern I have is, looking at things now, I might not have the vertical clearance I need anyway. The bottom of the P-trap...
  5. Sylvester

Hi everyone. Here's another "can I do this" thread. :) I want to add a utility sink into my basement. Ideally, it will be positioned next to the washer and dryer, and I would like to tie it into the existing drain line from the washer discharge. It currently has 2" Sch. 40 PVC washing machine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks