Search results

1. johnapril

Bump out for shower

Folks, I am tossing around ideas about how to remodel the master bath in my house. The present bathroom is small, 5.5' x 7'. I thought to bump out that piece of the exterior wall about 2.5' to permit a 4' x 5.5' shower. The bump out would be on the south gable end of a brick ranch on a...
  2. johnapril

Sound proof interior doors

We are turning an exterior porch into an interior space. One thing we would like is to put French doors in the bedroom opening onto the new space. We would like these doors to block the sound from the rest of the house, however, obviously so that anyone sleeping would not be disturbed. Does...
  3. johnapril

extending ductwork from crawl to slab

I would like to turn our screened-in porch into an interior space. The house is on a crawl space. The porch is on a slab. Is it possible to extend the ductwork from the crawlspace into the walls of the porch area and have the registers on the walls?
  4. johnapril

fireplace smell when AC runs

Last fall we had the flue replaced in our fireplace. It was the type that sits right over the fire. It was rusted out. We replaced it with a flue at the top of the chimney. The cord runs down the chimney, and you close it by pulling the cord down and hooking it off to the side. This worked...
  5. johnapril

treating a well

Folks, Is it necessary to treat a well? Pour chlorine in it? Thanks.
  6. johnapril

bedroom window

Folks, I am in the process of designing a remodel on my 4-bedroom house. There is one bedroom in the center of the house with a window facing onto a screened in porch. This is the only window in the room. I would like to do away with it so I can use the space on the other side of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks