Search results

1. Clinger

Help with softerner selection and water filtration

From looking at specs online, most backwashing iron filters have a very low SFR (unless you spend $1K or more), and the backwash flow rate is super high (over 8 gpm on most). It seems these must all backwash every night also. If I size the softener properly and use SST-60 resin, would that be...
  2. Clinger

Thanks for the information. Any suggestions on a quality iron filter? I don't want to change filters every 30 days, would prefer a resin type iron filter. Would a Big Blue (4.5 x 20) triple set-up with a sediment filter and iron filter work? Installing the iron filter should reduce the...
  3. Clinger

Gary, I guess I don't need the twin tank. From everything I've read (lots of opinions on this subject), the majority opinion is that if you have the space for one and the budget (not that I have much of that, but I'd rather do it right the first time), then use twin tanks. The other reason I...
  4. Clinger

Hello, I'm new to posting on this forum but have learned a lot reading the excellent post and replies. I need to replace my old Waterboss softener and need some advice. Wife also wants a good quality water source for drinking and cooking. Old Waterboss, must be a 1-1.5 CuFt system. Has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks