Search results

1. frankier

Supply line froze, after thawing water runs back into well when pump stops...

Thanks guys for not taking my head off at the question about adding a second check valve :-) I went down into the well to recheck the elbow that came apart at the top of the riser pipe, I added some teflon tape to it and tightened the clamps up real good to make sure I wasn't getting any air in...
  2. frankier

I've got a call into the 2 plumbers that are in my area but am not confident that I'll hear back from them for a week or more...I can pull the pump myself but wouldn't know how to go about determining if the check valve is bad in it or if it's something else...plus they're forecasting below zero...
  3. frankier

Thanks for the replies!! Maybe the fact that the supply line came apart at the elbow right above the pump helped to "save" it a little? I'm thinking that the pump didn't run very much since I hadn't washed many dishes when I noticed the pressure was down, and once I figured out there was an...
  4. frankier

Short version: I have a shallow well (20' deep with 5' of water in it) with a submersible pump (I don't know the manufacturer) on it's side in it, there is 1.25" black plastic from the well, to the pressure tank that is on the second floor of my house. There is a 30/50 pressure switch on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks