Search results

1. brasseng

Expansion tank Schrader fitting rusted almost shut?

The shrader valve didn't look rusty when I removed it. My guess is that the air wouldn't go in only because the rubber was adhered to the shell. I should have tried reinserting the shrader valve after I pulled apart the tank to verify.
  2. brasseng

I replaced the tank and the problem was solved. I removed the schrader valve from the old tank and tried to insert a rod through the opening. I couldn't insert it very far, it felt like the bladder was stuck against the shell of the tank. I decided to cut the tank apart. There was definitely...
  3. brasseng

Starting a few months ago my 40 gallon domestic tank relief valve leaks once in a while to relieve pressure. Today I tried to check the pressure in the expansion tank, and read no pressure. I tried to add pressure to the expansion tank after shutting off the water and opening a faucet, but it...
  4. brasseng

Can a standpipe be installed on a 2-pipe jet pump system?

Can a standpipe be installed on a 2-pipe jet pump system that would allow replacing the foot valve without digging back down to the top of the well? Thanks!
  5. brasseng

Adding check valve for temp fix for stuck foot valve?

I visited which clarified a few things. Sound of water rushing happened twice, and the second time the second plumber also witnessed it, which most likely confirms that indeed the foot valve stuck open (twice). Talked to another neighbor who had similar foot valve problems in the past. His...
  6. brasseng

It is holding pressure. I guess it's a question of if the foot valve could be sticking intermittently. Thanks.
  7. brasseng

Thanks craigpump for your comment. That's something new to think about. We had just been told that if the foot valve was stuck open the pump would probably burn out if it continued to run, which I assume would be from lack of water. From your comment it sounds like the pump would "doorbell"...
  8. brasseng

Thanks for the replies. The same day there was a leak from boiler fill valve, and it was replaced by the neighbor/friend who does plumbing/heating, but mom did not realize that a LOT of water got underneath the carpet in the adjacent room, so it was probably happening more than just that...
  9. brasseng

The foot valve may be starting to stick open in my mother's well system. It is a 2-line jet pump deep well system. I started looking online to see if anyone had ever added a check valve near the pump as at least a temporary fix, but I could only find check valves discussed for shallow well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks