Search results

1. Kevin James Henry

What to do. Pipes keep freezing.

Sorry I did not explain better. To the left of the hole in the wall, red, on the outside, is the faucet. Behind the red wall is the garage. The garage is cold, but not sub freezing. To the left of the outside faucet is a corner, which is roughly where the hole in the red wall is. Wind is always...
  2. Kevin James Henry

Yeah, thanks but I already know this. But there doesn't seem to be a solution as far as figuring out where the cold is coming in. It's a house, 8 years old, vinyl siding, the basement was finished and insulated. I'm wondering if it's worth calling an insulation contractor? And, if the problem...
  3. Kevin James Henry

Yeah it sucks. My dad is a carpenter / contractor for over 40 years, he can't figure it out. My plumber friend has 25 years of experience. He can't figure it out. This is a basement by the way. Here's the exterior. All the gaps have been sealed.
  4. Kevin James Henry

Up on the ceiling there is a shut off valve. It goes down to where that hole is in the wall to a spigot on the outside. At the lower end of the hole in the wall, there is Pex, tied in between the copper from the top and bottom via a Pex T which goes out to the garage. Where it comes out of the...
  5. Kevin James Henry

Hot water PEX in garage froze

The problem was the f'n cap was stuck to the white plastic thing, or vacuum breaker, both are threaded. I removed the plastic vacuum breaker which was threaded into the cap with 2 pair water pump pliers, marred the crap out of the threads, threaded the plastic piece into the valve and then put...
  6. Kevin James Henry

Got it unfrozen finally but the cap on the thing is leaking. I don't know what it's called.
  7. Kevin James Henry

The faucet type I have is the one on the top.
  8. Kevin James Henry

I've been trying for 2 days to thaw it out. Pex comes out of the wall to a spigot. The pex goes into the wall through the basement and up through the ceiling, tied into the kitchen sink hot water. Last winter this did not happen. I think though, as it worked a few weeks ago that water in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks