Search results

1. Thekid1

Basement underground and vent plans for 2 baths and kitchen.

Hello all. I know there are numerous ways to pipe and vent this, but this is what I have and paid for, so I would appreciate if we don't veer off course too much, but rather build from what is here. I am here because I want to know if there are any errors or concerns with this plan before I...
  2. Thekid1

Condensate pump recommendation for Alpine Burnham 80k btu?

I currently have a Utilitech Pro(UL-AC-pump). It still pumps after 9 years, but last night I noticed it kept running constantly which tells me maybe the float is sticking. So I assume it will burn out if I dont replace or fix. Problem is they dont sell this one anymore and I believe I stayed...
  3. Thekid1

Which kind of hangers for back of stud 1" copper pipe?

Hey all. I need to run 1" copper pipe horizontally against the back of a new wood stud wall. There is only 5" in between the back of studs and concrete foundation, so I would need something I can secure from the side. I see the Hap System blue metal hangers, but I'm not too sure about...
  4. Thekid1

Which material threaded rod can I use for copper split ring hangers?

I need to run a 1" copper domestic water line horizontally against a concrete wall and be as close as possible. Originally I had 1½" kindorf with clamps, but i need it closer to wall. The run is only about 6ft. I was thinking copper split ring hangers and drop-in concrete anchors with...
  5. Thekid1

What size condensate pvc pipe for 80k BTU Alpine Burnham natural gas boiler?

I'm finally fixing the make-shift flexible tube thats been used to empty the condensate from my boiler. Its an 80k btu Alpine Burnham. For pvc, can I use ½" or should I use ¾"? Thanks
  6. Thekid1

Adding an additional washer drain and ejector pump to main sewer header.

Hey guys. Attached is a picture of my main sewer line going out to the septic tank/cesspool. From left to right the verticle pipes coming into the header are currently: - drain for existing washer - drain for 2 upstairs toilets - vent I want to include into the header an additional 2" washer...
  7. Thekid1

New layout for basement bathroom drains needed if someone can help.

Hey guys, I had to change the layout on my drawings but the plumbing should be going in real soon. Can someone please offer a rough drain drawing for this layout with vents? I'm a little confused which way to face the inlet on the sump, meaning, should I aim the sump at the right toilet and...
  8. Thekid1

Do plumbers generally test residential PVC drains for leaks?

So I've done a fair share of attaching PVC together with primer and cement. Recently I have done some PVC drains in an apartment I'm building in the basement. The kitchen sink drain was a little odd since I had to 45 around a concrete jog in the wall. It was a tight spot and while inserting...
  9. Thekid1

Is this a "compression" inlet valve?

Hello. Just curious what I'm up against if I remove this. Dies the copper end need to be flared or is it just a compression ring or something that comes with the valve, that goes over it? Thanks
  10. Thekid1

Is it ok that I did a sink drain this way before I close up with drywall?

As you can see, I have a 2" sink drain here. I didn't think much about it until now. Will this drain work properly since I came into the drain pipe horizontally with a sanitary tee? It drains to the left and pitched ¼" per foot. The verticle pipe to the right a is 2" dry vent that eventually...
  11. Thekid1

Is there an electric water heater that does both domestic and hydronic?

I have a 600sqft basement apartment in Long Island that's about 90% below ground. Basement usually stays about 55°F in the winter, and since it will be well insulated with both spray foam and regular fiberglass, I don't anticipate too much heat loss. For A/C I plan to install a minisplit with...
  12. Thekid1

Better option for main septic plumbing drain coming through basement concrete?

So I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about this apartment build, but there is a couple of walls that I left open around the barhroom before I finally decide on the plumbing location and bathroom layout. As you can see in the photos, I have an apartment on 1 half of the basement. All the...
  13. Thekid1

AAV question for basement apartment sink.

Hey guys. I have a basement apartment. I believe I had some help on this forum in the past on venting. What I have is a 1 bed apartment on one side of the basement and a 2nd bath on the otherside of basement(my side). Total: 2 bath sinks 2 toilets 2 showers 1 laundry 1 kitchen sink All...
  14. Thekid1

Plumbing drain layout for basement back to back bathrooms.

Ok so anyone who was following my last thread, I decided to just bite the bullet and do the submersible pump. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the drains for these 2 bathrooms. I really want a clear understanding of how I am going to do this before I start. Basically what I have is I...
  15. Thekid1

Non-submersible sewage pump for basement bathroom.

I have a basement bathroom and I know that the traditional way is to install a plastic sewage tub and install a submersible pump inside, but I don't see why this can't be done with a non-submersible pump instead, so that I can just have pipes in the sewage tub instead of marinating the pump, and...
  16. Thekid1

Hand held bidet hose sprayer thingy. How to heat?

Ok so I have this bidet hose that looks like an old style kitchen faucet sprayer. It tees in right where the supply water for toilet enters the toilet tank. Obviously this is cold water. Certain people would like this to be warm water. What's the best way to make this happen(running cost)...
  17. Thekid1

Alpine condensing boiler taking a long time to heat house.

Hey guys. I installed an 80kbtu Alpine(Burnham) 95% efficiency condensing natural gas boiler in my home back in 2015. The home is roughly 1200sqft single story ranch with a full unfinished basement where boiler is located. Basement ceiling is not insulated. The windows upstairs are original...
  18. Thekid1

Insta-hot vs third hot loop

Hello, I know there are a lot of variables that go into comparing the cost of each way to do this, but I was wondering if someone can give a ballpark answer. I am not asking about install costs, I am asking about which way is cheaper to run each system. If I had a sink that was far away from...
  19. Thekid1

Alp080B

Hello guys. I have an Alpine gas condensing boiler model #: ALP080B. The boiler runs great but today it was 7 degrees all day outside and I couldn't get the t-stat in the house to go past 67 with it set on 70. Sometimes it would even drop to 66. This has been going on all day. I wish I can...
  20. Thekid1

Combustion analysis and programming on Alpine 80k btu?

Hey guys, I had recently installed an Alpine 80k btu condensing boiler. I have been having no luck finding someone to do a final tune to this boiler. I need a combustion analysis done and someone to program it so it runs at optimal performance. It runs great now but sometimes upon startup...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks