Search results

1. Thekid1

Condensate pump recommendation for Alpine Burnham 80k btu?

I currently have a Utilitech Pro(UL-AC-pump). It still pumps after 9 years, but last night I noticed it kept running constantly which tells me maybe the float is sticking. So I assume it will burn out if I dont replace or fix. Problem is they dont sell this one anymore and I believe I stayed...
  2. Thekid1

Which kind of hangers for back of stud 1" copper pipe?

Thanks guys, I didnt know the j-hooks work with copper. And I thought the Oatey suspensions were just for pex. These sound great, thanks. Injust wish they made them a tad longer to allow for ½" insulation. But these will do nonetheless.
  3. Thekid1

Which kind of hangers for back of stud 1" copper pipe?

Hey all. I need to run 1" copper pipe horizontally against the back of a new wood stud wall. There is only 5" in between the back of studs and concrete foundation, so I would need something I can secure from the side. I see the Hap System blue metal hangers, but I'm not too sure about...
  4. Thekid1

Which material threaded rod can I use for copper split ring hangers?

I need to run a 1" copper domestic water line horizontally against a concrete wall and be as close as possible. Originally I had 1½" kindorf with clamps, but i need it closer to wall. The run is only about 6ft. I was thinking copper split ring hangers and drop-in concrete anchors with...
  5. Thekid1

What size condensate pvc pipe for 80k BTU Alpine Burnham natural gas boiler?

Thank you. Btw, is type M copper ok for domestic water?
  6. Thekid1

What size condensate pvc pipe for 80k BTU Alpine Burnham natural gas boiler?

I'm finally fixing the make-shift flexible tube thats been used to empty the condensate from my boiler. Its an 80k btu Alpine Burnham. For pvc, can I use ½" or should I use ¾"? Thanks
  7. Thekid1

Adding an additional washer drain and ejector pump to main sewer header.

The two toilets that come into the header are existing from first floor. They are nowhere close to this area. The setup is like this from left to right: - 2" drain for existing washer - 3" drain for 2 existing upstairs toilets - 3" trap vent Yes, the pump would be for 2 additional basement...
  8. Thekid1

Thank you for the reply. I do in fact have a septic tank ***AND*** a cesspool, "septic tank/cesspool". I guess I confused things with the forward slash. 1) According to your diagram, is my existing plumbing wrong because there is a wye fitting on the verticle where the two toilets tie in...
  9. Thekid1

Hey guys. Attached is a picture of my main sewer line going out to the septic tank/cesspool. From left to right the verticle pipes coming into the header are currently: - drain for existing washer - drain for 2 upstairs toilets - vent I want to include into the header an additional 2" washer...
  10. Thekid1

New layout for basement bathroom drains needed if someone can help.

Thank you for that. Is it ok if I put a cleanout underneathe the kitchen sink and another one right before it enters the ejector sump.
  11. Thekid1

New layout for basement bathroom drains needed if someone can help.

Hey guys, I had to change the layout on my drawings but the plumbing should be going in real soon. Can someone please offer a rough drain drawing for this layout with vents? I'm a little confused which way to face the inlet on the sump, meaning, should I aim the sump at the right toilet and...
  12. Thekid1

Do plumbers generally test residential PVC drains for leaks?

So I've done a fair share of attaching PVC together with primer and cement. Recently I have done some PVC drains in an apartment I'm building in the basement. The kitchen sink drain was a little odd since I had to 45 around a concrete jog in the wall. It was a tight spot and while inserting...
  13. Thekid1

Is this a "compression" inlet valve?

Thank you. When the valves are off, water is getting past them still. I was thinking to just replace them.
  14. Thekid1

Is this a "compression" inlet valve?

Hello. Just curious what I'm up against if I remove this. Dies the copper end need to be flared or is it just a compression ring or something that comes with the valve, that goes over it? Thanks
  15. Thekid1

Is there an electric water heater that does both domestic and hydronic?

Sorry, I forgot where I posted this question. I had already installed a separate meter. So yes, I am looking for tenants to have a separate bill. I would run gas, but that involves another gas meter and more work. I'm not interested in electric fintube because I don't want the hassle of...
  16. Thekid1

Is it ok that I did a sink drain this way before I close up with drywall?

Nice. Thank you for your time, help, and patience. John
  17. Thekid1

I appreciate that. So if I go the horizontal route, I believe you are explaining this:
  18. Thekid1

Thanks Wayne. I updated my drawing I guess before you commented the second time. So I'm 100% clear on the immediate venting to clear the window. Now that we know it is 48" sill, I just want to be clear of the configuration it should be if I don't do the 45° vent. Can you draw that please?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks