Search results

1. KMW

Water softener sizing

OK, I think I'm nearly there, thanks for the help! ohiopurewater.com is pushing a "Vortex" brine tank, do you have any opinions on those? http://www.ohiopurewater.com/shop/files/vortechspecs.pdf Looking at this: Fleck 7000 SXT 2.5 cuft resin 18x33 or 18x40 resin tank (do you know which size I...
  2. KMW

Water softener sizing

Thanks Gary. You lost me a bit in there, but I'm a bit slow so bear with me :) Basically I'm asking is do I size for K capacity needed or SFR? Based on my calculations and your help, I need about 29K system for hardness and usage alone. But if I factor in 15gpm SFR, it is more like 2.5 cuft...
  3. KMW

Water softener sizing

So 1.5 cuft resin? Will that amount of resin keep up with 15gpm SFR?
  4. KMW

Water softener sizing

I'm a little confused on how I size for flow without creating a system that is too large with regards to how long it goes between regeneration. If I want to get to 15gpm SFR, that is 2.0 cuft of resin as you said. At a 6lb set, that gives me 40K of capacity, right? If I need to service 3600...
  5. KMW

Water softener sizing

This is great, thanks Gary! Do you recommend SST-60?
  6. KMW

Water softener sizing

I've been through a few sizing calculators and I think I know what I need for resin capacity, but I have concerns about SFR. My house has 3/4" copper. Family of 4, 3 full baths, 15gpg hardness, virtually no iron. No showers with multiple heads right now, but plans for one in the future. Typical...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks