Search results

1. KH1978

Help with tile and flange

Jim, thank you for the reply. I was just reading some other posts about flanges. I saw a response you gave, talking about how some toilets my have a 90 degree turn at the discharge. I looked at my toilet and it does turn 90 degrees. I can see how that can create a problem with the flow of the...
  2. KH1978

thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm going to set some tile down to bring it up. I know I can do the double wax ring, but the idea of a blow out if I were plunging it concerns me. From the homeowners before us, I have to redo all the drywall in the foyer under this bathroom. So any chance...
  3. KH1978

Going to install new toilet in remodeled bathroom with new tile. I always saw the flange screwed to the sub floor, so this is how I did my floor. Now reading this site and seeing a thread that had a cut away of a toilet with the flange, I can see that it is better to have it on the finished...
  4. KH1978

Bath drain options

Thanks for answering my questions. Terry, you said that grade from vent can be 1/4" per foot. Can it be more or less? the reason I ask, is that when I was testing the sinks, water started dripping out of the pipe where the shower was originally. I just had a towel stuffed in it, water flowed up...
  5. KH1978

Bath drain options

trying to finish the drain for a new tub I installed where there was a shower. My problem comes from the holes in the joist from the original 2" drain line. For the trap to be high enough for the sheetrock to go back, I would need to cut the hole about 1" higher than what is there, (see pic 1)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks