Search results

1. D

expansion tank questions

Thanks for the advice and links. My plumber is on the right track now and is researching when the county switched to the new check valves to make sure there are no issues with other houses he's done recently. As strange as it may sound it is a new problem for this area. I called Ferguson today...
  2. D

expansion tank questions

The general principal I understand. However I've lived in this area for 30 years and never had these issues until I built my new house. It's not a incoming pressure problem therefore the prv is not required. The entire system is on elevated tanks. The high pressure is NOT coming from outside...
  3. D

expansion tank questions

That answers my question about distance from water heater. What size tank is that? My suggestion to the plumber was to come up on the cold water side with hard copper then a tee. Take the horizonal line back to towards the wall where the cold water supply comes through and put the tank on top...
  4. D

expansion tank questions

It's not a matter of doing science experiments. We take showers and go out to eat and come back to 150 psi. With a 65 gallon water heater the earlier posts indicate at least a 4 gallon tank. Problem is where I'm going to put it. I live at the beach and the water heater is in a small closet. On...
  5. D

expansion tank questions

What's the point of the prv on city water that's stable at 60 psi? Is a 4 gallon tank too much to be mounted right on top of the water heater? I cut the water heater off tonight and my daughter ran up a tub then I turned it back on and within 15 minutes the prv popped on the water heater and a...
  6. D

expansion tank questions

I know this has been somewhat addressed in recent posts but I wasn't able to get everything I needed from them. I just had a new house built with a 66 gallon elec water heater. The county has a dual check valve at the meter therefore it's a closed system. Right after moving in we noticed water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks