Search results

1. sctclimbs

Fixing shower slope

I pulled out my tub shower and made a walk in shower in that space, kept the drain in the same location on the left side. I bought a presloped shower form that I could tile over. Did kerdi over the form and up the walls. Well the slope isn’t right and water pools in the back of the shower. It...
  2. sctclimbs

Tankless issues

I bought a rental property with a tankless WH. The WH serves two separate units. When the upstairs tenant is showering the water will come on and will get hot but then go cold and even stop flowing water completely for a period of time combined with water hammer, then some back on but not be as...
  3. sctclimbs

Whole House Humidifier

Living in the dry climate of colorado, I've been wanting to install a whole house humidifier. My brother has one and loves the way it makes the house feel but with his the water is constantly trickling through the humidifier even when the furnace is not running wasting tons of water. I bought a...
  4. sctclimbs

DIY Sewer Mainline Replacement Plan

I have tree roots growing into my clay pipe sewer line. I have had a camera sent down the line showing the root invasion in several of the joints. Since the first backup I have snaked the line yearly to prevent problems but this year the roots beat me to the punch and had a backup after 8...
  5. sctclimbs

Wood Floor Repair

5 years ago I refinished my wood floors myself. it came out great except for one spot where I left some swirl marks from the edge sander. Of course it is in a very obvious spot and right over where I installed a nice border of blood wood and birdseye maple. I cant take it any more and want them...
  6. sctclimbs

Popping noise

Was talking to my sister about my WH problems that you guys helped me with week or so ago. She was telling me that her WH makes 2 or 3 popping noises each time a hot water tap is opened. It is 3 years old. She is a little worried about so I thought I'd put it out there and see what you guys thought.
  7. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

I have a natural gas Lochinvar, power vented water heater. It is about 8 yr. old. It has an electric, glow-type, igniter that has what looks like a flame sensor or thermocouple right next to it combined in one unit. Last night there was no hot water. Pulled the igniter/flame sensor out and...
  8. sctclimbs

Whole House Humidifier Install

Is this a DIY project? I have basic plumbing and wiring skills. I'm able to get a Honeywell 360A with humidistat for a $100 that is just a couple years old and normally i do everything myself unless you guys tell me not to.
  9. sctclimbs

Snake problem

So I spent about 3 hours over at one of my rental properties trying to clean out a completely plugged tub drain. Ran the snake down the drain and it came up the overflow pipe, went down the overflow and it came up the drain, just couldnt get it to go where it was supposed to. In the process...
  10. sctclimbs

Recessed Lights and Insulation

I am going to be adding insulation to my attic. Planning on using blown-in cellulose to depth of 19 inches. I have 6 can lights up there, they are IC rated. Can I bury them in insulation or is that a bad idea even though they are IC rated? Here is the specific light...
  11. sctclimbs

Adding Soffits and Insulation

I live in Colorado and want to add attic insulation to bring my current R19 up to R49. I plan on using blown-in cellulose. I only have soffits at each corner of my home and would like to add more. The eaves have vinyl siding on them and the 4 current soffits are essentially the same material...
  12. sctclimbs

Leaking shower valve

Have a leaking shower valve in a rental property. It is probably 30+ yrs old and made by Central. I pulled out the cartridge and saw the washer was bad but also that there was a small crack in the seat. My local hardware store didnt have a replacement cartridge so I just replaced the washer...
  13. sctclimbs

Cold Air Return

Pandora's Box keeps opening wider and wider with my bathroom remodel. I've gutted down to the joists. So far have found drain pipes that run uphill, dwv vents that slope downhill from the drain pipe before going up to the roof and now a cold air return duct problem. Comical really. The house...
  14. sctclimbs

yet another DWV

Been lurking for a long time but now just getting around to a bathroom remodel and could use any advice before the inspector shows up and makes me redo everything. I love everyone's use of Google SketchUp. Use it its free! http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html (Shameless plug: they...
  15. sctclimbs

DWV Model

I was inspired by a recent post of a DWV system and so I created my own. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I am remodeling 2 bathrooms that share a wall. The copper colored pipes are what is currently in the house. I will be shifting the wall between the bathrooms about 2 feet to expand...
  16. sctclimbs

Bathroom Remodel Plumbing Help

Hi, I'm a pretty good DIYer in most everything except for plumbing so am looking for any info. anyone can offer. I did put in a lawn sprinkler system several years ago and remember some stuff about gpm and pressure stuff but its been while. I'm remodeling my master bath which had an ugly...
  17. sctclimbs

New Furnace Advice

We are looking to replace our furnace. It is a Goodman 100,000 BTU, 80% efficient model. It is actually working fine but is 15 yr. old. We are doing a remodel and thought we'd just go ahead and do the furnace, plus a friend of mine would love to replace the behemoth he has in his basement with...
  18. sctclimbs

Furnace venting inside a wall

I am remodeling a bathroom. When I ripped out the shower stall I found behind the wall is my furnace vent pipe which is 7 in. diamter Type B gas vent pipe.. So rather having just a stud wall, the wall behind the shower was framed seperately 5 inches out from the framing of the other interior...
  19. sctclimbs

Gas line install problem

Last year I Tee'd off my home's gas line to run a new line to a gas stove that I upgraded to. I was pleased to find how easy it was and passed inspection without problem. I put another Tee into the new line to allow easy expansion for a future gas dryer or line out to the grill. My grill...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks