Search results

1. Kcodyjr

Gently used tanks?

No, I don't propose to buy a used tank off craigslist. I have a Whirlpool 30-gallon electric tank, dated 2012, that saw 1-2 years of hot standby in an empty house, and then was drained and disconnected. It's now been sitting in a closet for 3 years. Is there any reason to worry it won't still...
  2. Kcodyjr

Blocking convective loops?

Meaning the kind where hot water rises up through the otherwise-still pipe, reaches a cold pipe above, cools the water that just rose, making it fall, where it gets heated again; etc etc etc, slowly sapping energy out of the system. The little info sheets that come with ASSE1017 valves, like...
  3. Kcodyjr

Gauge fitting/socket sizes?

I'm redoing the supply-side in my mobile home from scratch. This question is about the hot circuit. I've planned for temp gauges, one right above the tank and one just after the 1017 mixing valve, and I've got some doubts about accuracy and performance depending on what size fitting I screw the...
  4. Kcodyjr

Mobile home furnace recommendation?

My 42 year old Miller MOC-80 became a casualty of the recent cold snap. Emergency service guy said the heat exchanger was clogged with soot, and the last time he tried to clean one, he wasn't able to free it up. I think what happened is running low - 1/4 tank - on fuel during the snap, then...
  5. Kcodyjr

Remove foil from one side?

I'm installing some Tuff-R polyisocyanurate sheets in the 2x3 exterior stud bays of the bathroom in my motor home. It's foil faced both sides. There is a 1/2 inch air gap between it and the aluminum outer siding - no sheathing. The aluminum is unfinished on the inside and therefore should...
  6. Kcodyjr

Least pressure drop check valve type?

I need one isolating my hot from cold, and another where the park's copper flex tube attaches to my mobile home. "Street" pressure was in the low 60's when I read it earlier today; we'll see what the overnight peak is tomorrow. There will already be a PRV (Watts LFN45BM1) in the system...
  7. Kcodyjr

Reinstallation necessities?

For those who haven't seen one of my other threads about it, the hot water tank in my mobile home is presently sitting idle and empty in a corner while I rebuild the subfloor beneath it. That isn't done yet, but parts take time to ship, and I'd like to be ready with the plan sooner rather than...
  8. Kcodyjr

Unusual stickiness?

Latest in my long set of how-the-blazes questions. After I "go" there are invariably pieces stuck to the bowl. This has only been a problem since I moved here, and I'm not lazy about using the brush; every time I use the commode if I must. It is a low flow design. However, I'm standing...
  9. Kcodyjr

specific thermal expansion tank recommendation?

This is going into my MH along with the existing 30gal electric tank (see my other thread for backstory) and a complete 3/4" copper repipe from the park's supply line up to my PEX branch lines. I could write a book about why, but suffice to say what's there is inadequate by every measure I know...
  10. Kcodyjr

Smallest allowable tank size?

I bought a 1971 12x60 mobile home that the seller had just replumbed. As it turned out, they were repairing a rusted out main, but I had to learn that from the next door neighbor after i bought it. Their replumb included a 30 gallon Whirlpool electric tank, but didn't include repairing the...
  11. Kcodyjr

Soldering technique?

I have a good hand for soldering wire, but nobody ever showed me the right way to use a torch. I'm heating the fitting, on the opposite side from where I'm holding the solder, and letting the flame wander around half an inch or so. I'm holding it just close enough to see the flame break...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks