Search results

1. Reicherb

Arsenic Removal

Attached are 3 annual water test results for my home well. Are the arsenic levels high enough that I need a whole house removal system? I have a RO system at the kitchen sink but I'm being told that arsenic can be absorbed through the skin as well. It appears the media solutions may be the...
  2. Reicherb

Wi-Fi Thermostat without C Wire

I'm looking to replace 3 thermostats on my hydronic heat system. I don't have a C wire and adding one will be impossible in 2 of the 3 thermostat locations. Can anyone recommend a thermostat for my application? Thanks!
  3. Reicherb

Combi Boiler System Installation Help

I've got a new polebarn with 1/2" pex tubing in the concrete slab floor. The slab is insulated underneath with rigid foam insulation. 2" I believe. The walls have 2" of rigid foam and 2" of closed cell spray foam. There will be 3 zones. primary building is 30x40x14. There are 2 smaller...
  4. Reicherb

Combi Unit vs Separate Boiler and DWH

I've had a pole barn built with radiant in slab piping. I'm working to spec the boiler and water heater. The heat load comes out about 44,000BTU. I'm looking for DWH for a half bath and utility sink. How much efficiency do I lose by going with a Combi unit that is much larger than the heat...
  5. Reicherb

Gas line entrance

So... I'm sure part of the correct answer is to hire a certified plumber. I'm cheap and unwilling... I'm hoping someone can help me make the best of the situation that I've created. I'm running a gas line to my new pole barn. Before reading the directions on connecting the poly to steel...
  6. Reicherb

Septic Connection

I'm adding a new barn to our septic tank. It was sized appropriately for inclusion of the barn. There is a 45 just before the tank. I'm planning to remove the 45 and install a wye in it's place. I'm hoping to avoid a coupler. Am I correct that the pipe going into the tank can be pulled out...
  7. Reicherb

Pole Barn Supply Line Sizes

I'm running water and gas to a pole barn 150' from my house. My house has 1" water (well) and 1" NG supply lines. I'm trying to determine what size lines and types to run to the barn. The barn will have a single half bath and a spigot to water our garden (200' from house) The barn will have a...
  8. Reicherb

Boiler for Radiant Slab Pole Barn

I have a new 30x40x14 barn that has lean tos that could be enclosed some day bringing the square footage to 50x40. It's got 2" foam under 5" concrete. The ceiling will be blown in insulations. The walls will be spray foam. The overall 50x40 space has nine 1/2" loops for a total pex length of...
  9. Reicherb

Help Identifying Shower Stem Extension

I'm trying to repair a shower that was installed by the previous home owner. I knows it's delta. I think the part is called a stem extension. Here are pictures of it. Any help would be appreciated.
  10. Reicherb

Installed a Boiler and Have Questions

I installed a Weil McLain CGA2 and created 1 challenge and have a couple of other questions. 1. I created a "manifold" of sorts to distribute to the zone valves. If either of the bottom 2 zones are open, the top gets no heat... Why? Do I need to add balancing valves? 2. I didn't think...
  11. Reicherb

Condensate Drain

I installed a Takagi T-H3-DV-N and so far we love it. Is there any harm in letting the condensate drain into my sump crock? How acidic is it? What other options might I have? Thanks, Brad
  12. Reicherb

Tankless Water Heater Selection

I'm looking to replace an old 40 gallon tank. We are a family of 4 with 2 soon to be teenagers and have 3 full bathrooms. The Takagi T-H3-DV-N looks to be right sized and a great value. Are there other options to consider? Thanks.
  13. Reicherb

Review Boiler Replacement Parts List

I’m going to replace a 1966 Weil-McLain PD7 boiler. The boiler is 80% efficient (150,000 in, 120,000 out). I have the following zones: Zone 1: Semi finished basement 836 square feet Zone 2: 1st Floor 836 square feet over basement and 140 square foot on a slab Zone 3: 2nd Floor 836...
  14. Reicherb

Help size a Boiler

I used the formulas at https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/article/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new to determine my BTU load. My math is below. Can you please help me make sure I'm correct? Meter Read on 1/4/2019 7695 Meter Read on 2/4/2019 7918 Difference 223 Energy Use 1/4/2019-2/4/2019...
  15. Reicherb

Help Specing Replacement Boiler

I'm looking for help replacing what I believe to be an original to the house 1968 Weil Mclain PD7 boiler. I'd like to replace the boiler, zone valves and all related equipment. The current boiler has an output of 120,000 BTU. I'm sure that's way over kill but I don't know how to determine...
  16. Reicherb

Macerator Pump Vent Question

I am installing a bathroom in the basement and using a Saniaccess 3 for a sink, shower, and toilet. I had intended to use a "cheater vent" for each fixture and the the pump. Upon reading the directions I see that an AAV is not allowed for the pump. This makes sense once I think about the...
  17. Reicherb

Ecowater Ero-375 Filters

I've got and Ecowater Ero-375 that needs filters. My local shop is gone. Where can I find them online? I've been searching and searching with no luck. I can only find 309 filters. Thanks, Brad
  18. Reicherb

Boiler Circulation Pump Control Issue

I have a Well-McLain Series 3 P-D--7 boiler that I believe to be original to the house which was building in 1968. 2 of the zone valves were replaced in 2008. The last was replaced by me a few months ago. I've discovered that the circulation pump is often running when no zone valves are open...
  19. Reicherb

Circulation Pump Running Too Much?

I have a Well-McLain Series 3 P-D--7 boiler that I believe to be original to the house which was building in 1968. At the end of last winter I discovered that the circulation pump was running constantly. It's entirely possible that it's had been running for the two years that we lived here...
  20. Reicherb

Replace Zone Valve or Whole System + Help Spec a New Boiler

I have a Well-McLain Series 3 P-D--7 boiler that I believe to be original to the house which was building in 1968. It's not very efficient and I learned this morning that one of the zone valves is stuck open causing the circulation pump to run constantly (I beleive it's actual been this way...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks