Search results

1. mcginnin

Unused bathroom question

Quick question about any maintenance for a unused bathroom. Obviously I have a toilet/sink/shower/tub. I never use this bathroom should I run the water everyone and awhile or what should I do?
  2. mcginnin

Broke drain stopper in my tub

Thanks does this part have a specific name? How do I remove the old one? Do i need new gasket/seals/putty?
  3. mcginnin

What this screws into is broken.
  4. mcginnin

Obviously this is the stopper and is ok. I will get a picture of the broken part later. In the drain...
  5. mcginnin

So I was taking off my drain stopper. It is the kind where you apply pressure to the left or right for open or close all it says is flash fit? If you can tell me what this is that would be great. Well long story short I pulled the stopper up not twisting off and the thread piece that the...
  6. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

I feel so relieved now. So now the question is they typical life span? My plumber said 5-7 years. Mine was estimated at 5 years based off my hot water heater. He said he recommend every time you replace the hot water heater to replace the tank as well. Wat do you feel about the horizontal vs...
  7. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Caduceus, thanks for the detailed reply. Well, I got the tank replaced. A old friend that I fell out of contact with who is now a journeyman contacted after a plea for help on good ol Facebook. It was perfect timing. He rushed over and had a tank with him. We looked near the meter I dont have...
  8. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Help hurry.... So i just pressed the valve on the expansion tank I got water and lots of it. It wont stop leaking. I shut the yellow pro flow valve off and the water from the hotwater heater. I have the hot water heater draining from the hot water heater. the water is no longer running from...
  9. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Ok so I will need a gauge that will connect to my hose faucet? One that will fluctuate at different pressures. I assume I will put the gauge on turn the faucet on as if I were washing my car but leave the water on for a day? Is this safe?
  10. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Ok you guys are awesome! My meter is outside embedded in my driveway. I opened it up saw some things again i have no clue what im looking at but learning. Yes after shower/laundry I get a burst of water from my faucet just for a second... Do you see this as a major problem? Will most plumbing...
  11. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

so above the tank is the back flow preventer?
  12. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Adding attachments. These are reversed picture taken on laptop. Is the thicket piping right above the blue tank the regulator? This is where the black plate with the info was. ok now I feel like a idiot..You caught me on two forums with the same question. im looking at my hot water heater...
  13. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Looks like a Fluidmaster 400 series ant siphon toilet is Crane plumbing
  14. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Not really sure how old the filler is. I just moved in the house about 5 months ago. The toilet is from july of 1990. Does it make any sense that this would just happen. I mean we haven't touched the toilet in 2-3weeks?
  15. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

I wish I would have taken a picture but in the panicked state that I was in I just started doing things.....Not thinking. Terry, when you say it happens do you know of any reason for this? Is it a problem with the toilet or the plumbing in general?
  16. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

I haven't really started looking for a replacement yet but I will look at Toto. If the water pressure is high how do I find out? And what should it be. And if it is high what do I do? Not to play devils advocate but it the pressure was high would I be getting the same problems all over...
  17. mcginnin

Loud bang from toilet

Hi everyone New poster! I would consider myself below a newbie in the plumbing world. This is my story any and all help needed. So last night my wife and I are watching the Packers/Bears game and all the sudden we hear a loud bang. I look at my wife we think some one is breaking in. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks