Search results

1. T

Venting question for a new half bath upstairs...

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. you diagram actually shows that 2 vents will be needed then...right?
  2. T

Venting question for a new half bath upstairs...

We have an old bungalow and are adding a half bath upstairs. I had a plumber out who suggested setting it up like this: Lav drain into floor, horizontal run 2 ft, tied into 3" WC line, then drop vertical to basment with 3", then horizontal run to tie into 4" main line. He said there is no...
  3. T

Sump discharge- tie into downspouts AND prevent freezing? In Ohio

I have a rental that recently had a sump act up...after some investigating, I discovered the 2 downspout drains (front of house) are tied into the sump discharge under-ground....and then they travel about 30 ft to the storm sewers under-ground. We snaked a gutter line because water was shooting...
  4. T

Want to install interior perimiter drain in basement (waterproof). supplies???

I am considering 'waterpoofing' the inside of a basement in a rental I own. I intend to dig a trench around the perimeter of the interior of the basement, lay perforated pipe with silt screen on it, backfill with gravel or similar substrate, install some sort of channel cove base (this is...
  5. T

Can I tie these 3 drains together and empty into a crock??

well it must have been allowed at some point in NE ohio, because my home was built in the 50's and it's been like that since built....house has been in the family since then...and it doesnt stink yet! thanks for all the info guys, i appreciate it
  6. T

Certain Saniflo systems do need vented, but the SaniCompact I referenced does not need vented as it is considered a 'forced main'. It can not be tied into lav or shower.
  7. T

Sooo....what CAN drain into an open crock? I'm not doubting anyone here, but wondering what they can be used for. Is my washing machine ok? If so, what makes bathwater or lav water any different? Just trying to learn! HJ- The difference between my situation and the next guy's is that...
  8. T

I see what you mean about the kitchen drain BUT there is no way for me to keep it tied in 'as-is' and squeeze all 3 things into the new bathroom. So,since I'll need to tie it in with the other 2 on the way to the crock, what size line should I use? I thought 2" coming down from sink, tie into...
  9. T

I'll try to make this simple. I have a septic system and the main line goes out about 5ft above the basement floor. I am planning on installing a bathroom in the basement. As such, I've decided on a Saniflo Sanicompact macerating toilet that requires no venting, and discharges into a 1" pipe...
  10. T

Where to find a blue toilet?

I actually saw that, but he wants a new one (understandable)
  11. T

Where to find a blue toilet?

I'm a handyman, not a plumber...so I dotn ahve many plumbing connections. I have a customer who wants a BLUE toilet...baby blue. I'm having no luck. Where can I look?
  12. T

How to re-install my tub faucet....? 1st post...be gentle

I'm working on a rehab right now, and plumbing is not my forte....probably because I dont know how to solder....so copper is out of the question (when I DIY, anyhow). sorry for my lack of plumbing vocabulary. I was removing a bathtub surround, and broke off the faucet. Upon close inspection...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks