Search results

1. Personalt

Natural Gas

Seach you youtube bbq tripped regulator. they will show you videos for propane but principles are the same
  2. Personalt

Natural Gas

if you have gas at the shutoff I bet you tripped the regulator. Turn off shutoff, crack the fitting on the gas supply side of regulator, make sure the burners are off, wait 60 seconds, close fitting you cracked, turn shutoff on slowly, try a burner. If gas rushes past regulator because a)you...
  3. Personalt

Tampons, Roots or Rooty Tampons?

Good points on the pro and being careful. Those things are no joke. Friend of mine used on with those cheap gloves that have the rubber palms and it almost ripped his fingers off when it got traction and got pulled in to. Being a saturday night and seeing the water rise a bit in the...
  4. Personalt

Tampons, Roots or Rooty Tampons?

I think these are rooty tampons - o_O. I am sure of the tampons but can anyone confirm the root part? It does look fiberish but really thin. I pulled out these two bunches with my older drain snake with the spade bit. I am now going to rental place to get a self feeding drain snake with a...
  5. Personalt

Gurgle in Pipes 2nd Floor Tub and Basement Tub - Can issue be with blockage in basement?

Thank you for the comments. I agree tub on 2nd floor could be independent as it has a history. But I was also thinking that because 2nd floor gurgling happens when I am not running any 2nd-floor fixtures that gurgling might be more likely be related to a main stack issue. If so, can a...
  6. Personalt

Gurgle in Pipes 2nd Floor Tub and Basement Tub - Can issue be with blockage in basement?

Makes sense, but I an wondering could a blockage in the basement cause the 2nd floor to gurgle? I think of gurgling as a make-up air issue. That would get me thinking that a blockage would need to be above the 2nd floor but I am not 100% sure that is true. It is going to be 11 degrees...
  7. Personalt

I own an older three family house that has these symptoms which is essentially gurgling in 2nd floor tub and basement tub/shower No complaints yet from third floor. More details are below. I am trying to determine if I start my investigation in the basement or upstairs (roof). Is there a...
  8. Personalt

Valley 400 series, Identification of Shower Faucet - Marked ACE

thanks all.. will pick up a valve and trim kit and try to swap this out next week. that does look like eit
  9. Personalt

Valley 400 series, Identification of Shower Faucet - Marked ACE

I would like to replace the trim and valves for this shower faucet. The trim is marked ACE, I assume from ACE hardware but I don't know if this started life as a ACE branded faucet or this is some replacement trim. I can pull the valve if needed to I.D. but this is not a easy job as it is in...
  10. Personalt

Will CSV and regular pump play nicer with tankless water heater then my scala2

Thanks - ordering a valve right now. @valveman One follow-up where I would love your opinion - while the tank is depressurizing from 60 psi down to 40 I would think there is still a net water flow from the tank. Any chance the heater wouldn't be tricked during that time? I realize this is...
  11. Personalt

Will CSV and regular pump play nicer with tankless water heater then my scala2

I have a house in an area that uses a water tower for pressure and pressure at lower floor is 20-22 - psi. I wanted to bring the pressure up to a more normal 50-60 so my tub doesn't take 25 minutes to fill. I started with a scala2 and it worked well enough with high demand but with low...
  12. Personalt

Fiat Shower Pan / Drain Leaking - Need help identifying model and repair advice

In showers were I have this type of pan I think the pipe sits below the seal.. so water running down hits the seal and naturally runs down in to the pipe. As HJ said, those seals are really tight. I think your pipe height might be a key part of the problem and creating a place for water to...
  13. Personalt

Putting Combo Wye on side to add shower drain

I have a closet flange about 15 inches from the main stack. See picture. I want to move the toilet a few inches down the joist cavity toward the camera and I want to add a shower drain about 30" down the joist cavity away from the camera. Is it suitable to use a double combination wye with...
  14. Personalt

Looks like a delta 600 - but not - any ideas? need new valve

I think you hit the jackpot - it looks very much like http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/cartridge-1964.jpg In reality the worst parts are the bonnet nut and the sleeve as they are all scratched and pitted. a set of springs and seals is really all I think the valve needs.
  15. Personalt

thanks.. I dont think it is delta 602 either though.. the stem is round, just bigger then the delta 600 & 602 the delta 602 like the delta appears to have small tubes connecting the rear part of the valve body to the front. Ie the part you worry about snapping when tristing off the cpa...
  16. Personalt

Any idea what type of faucet this is? I thought it was a delta 600 or similar. My original problem was handle broken and trim scratched. I bought a delta 600 kit thinking I would use the handle and and the trim and save the internal parts from a later day The handle goes up/down/left...
  17. Personalt

Collar for single wall 6" exaust pipe

It appears they put the chase in after the air handler was installed, blocking access. This never should have passed a final inspection when the building was built... :( There is a way - The problem is the only one I can think of is not practical. The only way I can see that I can separate...
  18. Personalt

This unit is on second floor and there are three more units above so that could explain the bigger duct but it could also explain the use of double wall. I will take a ride over there to day and can maybe remove a screw to see if I can make sure it is not double wall. any solutions if...
  19. Personalt

It really looks like single wall, is there a good way to tell with 100% certainity before I cut in to it?? There is a water heater in the apartment below and this is their exhaust stack.. I really hate to touch it but it is right in front of the air handler and there is no way to get access...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks