Search results

1. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

It's all over but the shouting: The vents go off at 67.5 degrees as those are street 45s + 22.5s into the 1.5x2x2 sanitary tee. The drains turn 90 just under the floor and then 45 into wyes that I rolled almost to 45 degrees so I feel pretty good about the whole thing. Thanks again for...
  2. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

I'm going to turn both vents 60° at the same elevation above the tees and send them over past the window, and then turn them up as soon as possible (was not thinking clearly last night... they don't need to be above 42" before going vertical). Then once they are higher than 42", wye them...
  3. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

..."sink full of water"... ..."some kind of compulsion"... Have you been in contact with my wife? She hates it when I let the pots soak. I much prefer the non-loop configuration and will go with that, including rolling the combos as much as I can and using 45s as you suggest. The reasons in...
  4. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

I sure do appreciate everyone's time and thoughts on this. Here in Baltimore City we are under NSPC 2009. In regards to vent, 12.6.2 states vents shall rise min of 6" above flood level of the rim of the fixture "before connecting to another vent" but has two exceptions: -loop vents for...
  5. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

I agree that simplest is best. But I just measured and the dirty arm would be more than 42". I don't think there is a perfect answer, so as much as I dislike doing so, I think it's going to come down to picking the lesser of all evils... dirty arm would be too long (window width), loop vent can...
  6. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

Thank you for your reply to this and to all the other discussions I've been reading. The drawing shows just part of the main vent (and waste) as it comes up from the basement and continues upward (no drip leg). As you point out I could use an off-center dual fixture fitting and thus have a...
  7. douglasgb

non-island loop vent

Have a dual bowl kitchen sink with disposal centered beneath a bay window, which prevents me from using a traditional vent as the window is 40" above FFF so I cannot make 6" above the rim before the vent would need to turn horizontal. Seems the only options are AAVs (no thanks) or a loop vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks