Search results

1. Jessicayiyi

Mysterious Water/Pipe noise at midnights

Dear Jadnashua, Here are some updates: We did not hear anything last night (fortunately). We installed the gauge right above the main valve in the garage around 12pm on 10/31, (the reading was around 60psi). This morning (11/1) around 10am, we took the first reading. The peak is 70psi...
  2. Jessicayiyi

Dear Jadnashua, We will get a water pressure gauge as you suggested. Can we hook it up above the main valve? We saw the plumber did that (the number is always 60psi). Maybe there is a reason that we should hook it up somewhere inside our home? Thanks again for the suggestion!
  3. Jessicayiyi

Hi Reach4, Looks like my earplugs worked, did not wake to the noise during sleep. Feeling better today. :) We are considering to try turning off the main valve again when the noise comes up. Because we did that experiment when the hammering sound was there (though turning off the main valve...
  4. Jessicayiyi

Hi hj, That is a very interesting story! I do hope that we are just having a "water pager" somewhere causing trouble and we can turn it off ...
  5. Jessicayiyi

Dear Reach4, Just talked to all the neighbors in the same complex. None of them has heard the water/pipe noise recently. They don't shower or do laundry during midnights. They have not noticed any leaking in their homes recently. But they offer to listen up for us and will inform us if they...
  6. Jessicayiyi

Dear Jim, Thanks for the reply. In your first paragraph, are you suggesting that even though everything inside the toilet is new, it might still leak (if poorly installed) when the the pressure changes during the night? Is it easy for us to see the leak when the noise comes up? Please suggest...
  7. Jessicayiyi

Hi Reach4, You are too nice to be true. I will go talk to my neighbors when I'm off work. It never occurred to us that the noise might be from next door, because it is so loud inside our own rooms. We can hear it everywhere upstairs. We have some hope now. Thanks again!
  8. Jessicayiyi

Hi Reach4, Thank you for the reply. Because our HOA said that they cannot hear anything so we are worried that it may not work for everyone. We will definitely talk to our neighbors. But one thing confuses me is that we never heard anything before sleep or other time during the day when the...
  9. Jessicayiyi

Dear Caduceus, Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I do not know how to answer your questions because I do not know sump pump, RPZ backflow device. I will forward these questions to plumber/fire system companies. But I believe the fire system for all the units share the same system because it...
  10. Jessicayiyi

Dear Reach4, Thank you very much for the suggestions. Here is a dropbox link for downloading the audio. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrsj86fyfzfekd0/Memo.m4a. Hopefully you can hear something... It can be tricky. I will try to answer some of your questions. - It would be difficult for me to put...
  11. Jessicayiyi

This is a very complicated issue that has been going on since late Sep 2013. I will try to start from something simple and get into something more complicated. Something Simple: - We live in a town home, no one above us. There is an attic with some pipes, etc.. We have been living here since...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks