Search results

1. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

OK, so, the well company says that I have 53' of casing, and due to the fact that I am getting 60gpm there is nobody in the area that will have a pump that can drain the well long enough to get a camera down there, does this sound like it holds water for you guys? They are saying that they want...
  2. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Craig, I will certainly be hiring a well guy to come look for any potential cracks and repair if possible. Also, I was saying chlorinator because I saw per this thread that a UV would not be good for coliform...
  3. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

I have heard that they are not un-common in the area, and if asked I would state that it is an added safety measure for the occupants of the house. We have small children, and want to keep them safe. That being said, per LLigetfa's comments, I will be taking all steps to try and neutralize the...
  4. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

You bring up a good point, thank you for that. Along those lines, could it just as easily be one of my neighbors introducing the contamination? Which would result in me having to install a chlorination system regardless correct? Thanks again.
  5. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

We have been boiling water ever since we found out about the contamination and keeping it in the fridge. Lots of lemonade and sweet tea! Guess I need to bite the bullet and get somebody out here to look at it. Thank you guys again for all of your help. I thought I could just install a...
  6. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Thanks to everybody for all of the replies. To recap: I did not replace the seal. I chlorinated. Not sure how high of a reading I got inside the house as this was months ago and I don't remember. Anyhow, the Chlorination did not work. I got a positive test on Fecal Coliform just a week after...
  7. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Thanks for all of the help guys. I have sealed up the electrical wiring, and got a piece of pipe with door screen over the vent hole. Well is chlorinated (pulled through both cold and hot water lines to all fixtures), now, last bit of advice needed: Any tips/tricks/how-to on removing all the...
  8. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Quick question, everybody is saying XXXppm chlorine at the well head, do I need to get the same reading at each tap, toilet, etc? Thanks.
  9. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Nevermind, guess I wasn't being patient enough, detecting chlorine now.
  10. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Tried chlorinating the well this afternoon. Added 2 cups of 73% available calcium hypochlorite, waited 30 minutes, then started running water, so far, no detectable chlorine at the tap, not even at the spout at the well head. What did I do wrong? Water has been running for 10 minutes...
  11. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

On test 1 I did not flame the tap, on test 2 I did, both failed. The tap was not chlorinated.
  12. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Also, are you guys saying not to worry about a small leak? As I said, the insulation was soaking wet, and I could feel dampness on the seal. Should I just tape some insulation on there and call it a day?
  13. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

The only equipment I have is the pump, check valve, pressure tank, and an el-cheapo sediment filter. I will call the county to see if the location of the check valve is mentioned in the paperwork. Where is the preferred location for the check valve? This is my first house with a well, and we...
  14. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Also, after thinking about it, how long would it take for the chlorine to sink down 500'? After I add it through the vent hole, how long should I wait before re-circulating/circulating it into my pipes? Thanks again.
  15. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

OK, so now the general consensus in the thread is not to replace. I noticed yesterday that there are gaps in the seal where the electrical goes through, should I just seal that up with silicone? Do I need to worry about the silicone adhering to the rust? Also, how will I get the vent pipe back...
  16. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Another shot, you can see things a little better, but still fuzzy.
  17. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

Yeah I want to do it, sounds like a pain in the a$$. Tonight I pulled back on the insulation and it was all wet, so I guess I have a leak, also might explain the rust. I also noticed it looks like everything is being held up by a hose clamp, is this kosher? So if I need to re-plumb...
  18. seprintz

Replacing Well Seal

I have a split top 6" cast iron well seal that is rusted all to heck. I need to chlorinate my well, which is 505' deep, pump is hanging at 100' per the paperwork at the county. I went to chlorinate, and notice the above mentioned rustyness, the 4 bolts on the top don't even hardly resemble...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks