Search results

1. Abikerboy

RV generator circuit protection

Trust me on this please, from someone who knows what he's saying, and has worked with and on these units.... Yes, if a motor shorts out, the thermal protectors will protect the system until you notice something wrong, for instance, steam from an overheated engine, or dim lights from a pending...
  2. Abikerboy

RV generator circuit protection

I would leave these alone. I imagine the motors are thermal protected. If you add breakers, one or both of two things could happen. The radiator cooling fan trips a breaker, you dont know it has stopped, the engine overheats, and you say bye bye to that expensive gen-set. The other thing, your...
  3. Abikerboy

Thermostat: too simple a concept-a sad tale

Ummm...lol...us country old timer folk know what a "floor" furnace is. 28"X38" or larger (appx) grate in the middle of one room only that if you step on barefoot, you get those painful waffle stripes and blisters on your feet that last for weeks! Bring them to america to show them!!! My mom...
  4. Abikerboy

Thermostat: too simple a concept-a sad tale

If your floor furnace is gas and has no blower in it at all, its probably a milli-volt unit. If it's oil, or has a factory fan on a propane unit (or older nat gas unit), then it may use a standard 24 volt tstat. When you go with an electronic tstat, they are differant. Easiest wat to tell...if...
  5. Abikerboy

Setback Thermostat use?

I believe Jad is right. I have forced air, and a well insulated house. With my ac use over the summer, a setback tstat has been good to me....(I must state Im away for 10-12 hours a day or longer even... With heating on an oil furnace, it does make a diff, but not enough that I can see to make...
  6. Abikerboy

Raising submersible pump

And, from what Ive learned, if the well has been at rest that long, plan on replacing the pump soon!
  7. Abikerboy

My new Well!

I have a question; How come none of us were dying with lead poison from our old plumbing or blacklung from our asbestos insulation and siding until some scientist decided that it was killing us? My example is the old lady down the road...turned 99 years old yesterday! She lives in the same house...
  8. Abikerboy

My new Well!

Everything has a designed in failure time. Went through this in a diesel truck seminar years ago...I asked the rep why if a truck engine could be designed to run a million miles, then why not make a car run a million miles? The response was "if your car would run a million miles, then you'd...
  9. Abikerboy

Well x Trol -wx 302 Troubleshooting??

I would guess that your pump motor is fried, or if it's a "3-wire" pump, the control box could be bad. The pump should not cycle on and off before the pressure reaches 60...it should come on at the 38 psi, and run until it reaches 60 psi, and then shut off. With yours, the motor gets hot, the...
  10. Abikerboy

I should know the answer but don't

Around here, you couldnt pay me enough to live in a subsidised appartment! Right down the street, there's been 3 shootings in a "housing autority" appartment complex in the last 2 years! Across town, a murder in a government subsidised duplex last year, and on the other side of town, a stabbing...
  11. Abikerboy

My own definition of charitable intervention...my own mother is an example. Her social security is just over $600/mo. Her house needs a new roof, new heating system, and part of the plumbing replaced. The house is paid for, but she doesnt qualify for an equity loan because first, her income is...
  12. Abikerboy

Cookie, you're absolutely right! Yea, I am a little touchy on the subject, and I owe an Im sorry to all involved here. My touchiness on the subject does not involve my not being able to get help when I needed it. I made it through just fine. Where my overly strong feelings come into play is...
  13. Abikerboy

And I commend you as well Rugged. We reap what we sow!
  14. Abikerboy

There are several here as well, but they seem to have a 6 to 9 month waiting list for even the most simple repair. My point was that in my state, they're several clinics where you can just walk in for same day service if you're sick, or even for a toothacke, as HJ said, yet if you dont have...
  15. Abikerboy

Sorry, but that water heater comes on when the tank cools down, no matter if theyre using hot water or not...or asleep or awake. The thermal expansion is actually worse when the family is asleep...tank cools off, water contracts, more water enters the tank to make up the diff, heater turns on...
  16. Abikerboy

There are "free" clinics for a toothache, and for most other medical problems, yet I will say, FIND MONEY FOR THAT MY BUTT! Spend weeks in bed under a doctors care because you didnt have money for over the counter drugs to fight off the basic simple flu, and your basic desire for food, heat, and...
  17. Abikerboy

Did I kill the engine forever?

Nope...lol!!! Ground the plug firmly to the engine...you wont need to be insulated! Watch the gap for a spark...which is obvious that you have since the engine runs on the starting fluid! If you hold the plug away from ground on an enngine that has electronic ignition, not only will you light...
  18. Abikerboy

Do A/C Units Run Out Of Freon?

Any seal...your car's engine main seal, or its compressor seal for the ac needs a small amout of weepage to lubricate it. Otherwise, friction and heat would destroy the seal! Thats why you have to get your cars ac recharged every 5-6 years! Your home unit...motor and compressor...both are sealed...
  19. Abikerboy

2-wire vs 3-wire pumps

I actually asked about this yesterday...the biac switch is actually a "bi-metallic a.c. switch"...hence the name "biac"! The switch heats up and opens within way way less than one second of start up because of the current on the start winding, and it can take the switch as long as 5 seconds to...
  20. Abikerboy

Did I kill the engine forever?

Probably a good move with taking it to a small engine guy. More than likely, he'll tell you the engine is shot from the water...dont buy that! If it ran on the starting fluid, it should be fine. (dont run it too many times on starting fluid...ether washes the oil off the cylinder and rings)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks