Search results

1. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

so does that mean they don't necessarily need to go a specific way? Also I'm still getting a little leakage for about 5 minutes after turning the shower off is that normal? Another thing I've noticed and that often times my a.m. showers (i do like them hot) often times can't have any cold...
  2. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

so i finally got the new cartridges, springs and seats and got them installed today. they basically look identical to the ones I took out which I think might have been Delta ones....the holes on the back are slightly different. I've attached a pic. My questions is how do I know which tab on the...
  3. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

oh got ya, yeah my pic of the one stem is very misleading isn't it. Well i ordered two of these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-Hot-or-Cold-Washerless-Cartridge-with-Seat-and-Springs-RP90017/310962474, hope they work!
  4. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

I currently have a two handle setup and hope to move to a single handle when I remodel, sorry for the confusion! Yes bathrooms and kitchens are so darn expensive, l have the kitchen done....I think in my case I'd just retile the shower or maybe if put a liner in at this point I don't care, I...
  5. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

Thanks so much everybody!! Should I be pretty much safe to order any glacier bay cartridge then that looks similar to the one in my pics? Would it be smart to order a whole new Glacier Bay faucet like this...
  6. jessb_55

No idea what cartridge

So I've had issues with a slight drip from my tub facet since I bought the house in 2010 and I've replaced the cartridge and seats and seems to get a bit better but then comes back. In the beginning I just replaced the cartridge with one that I thought was identical and so now I'm not even...
  7. jessb_55

Slight sewer smell when flushing

Hi Terry, Thanks for your response. The tub actually gets used every day. And exactly how you said I would expect a bad floor seal to also show some leakage which there doesn't appear to be any of. I did end up plugging up the rim jets and filling the overflow with a bleach mix and letting it...
  8. jessb_55

Slight sewer smell when flushing

So starting about a month ago I started noticing that when flushing my upstairs toilet I'll get a sewage smell coming from the bowl area. From what I read it sounds like this could be a few things... 1) bad wax seal....which I don't think would apply to me for several reasons because my toilet...
  9. jessb_55

Reverse Osmosis Air Gap Faucet

This is the connector off the previous one, notice it Threaded on which this one doesn't have that option.
  10. jessb_55

So I ordered a new faucet but it doesn't have the same hookup as my other one. In fact it doesn't have threads at the very end either but comes with the compression fitting but I have no idea how to connect to the other end. Any advice please?
  11. jessb_55

so I installed the glacier bay faucet and I think it looks much better but now i'm starting to wonder if our main faucet is Brushed nickel and not stainless steel after all but maybe every manufacturer's finishes are different and it's never going to be a perfect match. What I find odd is that...
  12. jessb_55

Thanks, I think I'll give it the old college try :)
  13. jessb_55

Thanks REACH4 but that's basically what we currently have.
  14. jessb_55

Thanks, unfortunately it looks like I have to have an account for that website just to see price and specs as I don't know if it would fit a 3/4" hole. Plus the faucet doesn't seem to come in Stainless steel but I do like the size of the faucet much better than the 11 inch one we have now. I...
  15. jessb_55

Okay thanks for the info. Would I be able to trim those air gap connections off so I could use this with my 3/4 hole?
  16. jessb_55

Hello there, I had a company install a RO system for me and I hate the faucet they used as it's almost the same size as my main faucet. However I'm having a heck of a time finding a smaller faucet that I like in stainless steel. I finally found one from Home Depot however it's intended for an...
  17. jessb_55

Jerked around? Water Softener

Okay I'll pick up a kit but when i had the Culligan man out and he tested the water and told us we were at about 17 g hardness. Another thing is maybe I don't even have the thing programmed right as the instructions I find always confuse me. My unit is a a 32,000 grain unit with a 14x34 square...
  18. jessb_55

Hi dittohead yes the system is using salt but I guess that brings up the question as to how much salt should it be using over what time frame. Overall though then is this guy giving me crap about the water level being over the salt? Does that just mean I need to add salt? After a regen how much...
  19. jessb_55

So I had a company out today to clean my air ducts as I have been finding black stuff coming out of our vents. Well the company also does plumbing work and the guy from the company informed me today that he checked my water softener and said it isn't regenerating. Now I put in a new Fleck 5600...
  20. jessb_55

GOBO help!

okay I got the cartridge out, here's some pics of it. Doesn't say a darn thing on it in terms of identification etc.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks