Search results

1. SatCat66

Ranch in NJ - Looking for more comfort

Dana, are you kidding me? My water heater was the only heat source in the house during the Sandy storm exactly one year ago. Should that repeat, sure no radiant heat but still hot water in the tub. Difference between life and death. Polaris would be grossly oversized. If you google 'polaris...
  2. SatCat66

I was thinking of Taco X-Pump Block for isolation. Polaris and even pricier HTP Versa will never pay for themselves with the current NG prices. That's not mentioning they can break and need a $1000 circuit board, etc. The tank I have installed costs $600 and there's nothing to break in it. It...
  3. SatCat66

Thanks Dana, especially for the basement insulation insight. Maybe I will have to tear these basement finishing walls down (oh). I will check behind tonight to see if there's any mold. Floor joists are dry, I have worked with them recently. (At one point it is going to be cheaper to move or...
  4. SatCat66

Thanks, Dana. I didn't realize how big impact the basement has. 50% of the perimeter is insulated (2x4 with fiberglass). Basement windows are leaky ( it was OK with me so far. Combustion air should enter somewhere). If I install everything direct-vented, I can seal the windows. Based on the...
  5. SatCat66

Thanks, nukeman. Yes, resistance heat supplements the garage room now... It already has two supply ducts and one return duct. The issue is that it's not a separate zone. It gets heat/cooling only when the rest of the house needs it. But the rest of the house is heated by the people, couple...
  6. SatCat66

Hello, I got a 1956 ranch house in central NJ. 1750 sq.f. above grade and 1000 sq f. in the partially finished basement. The rest is crawlspace. That 1750 sq.f. include 200 sq.f. of the room created in the garage. It is often too cold or too hot. The house has forced air (natural gas)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks