Search results

1. hamlet_jones

500' deep well, steel pipe (galv.), rusty water... replace with PVC?

good show, thank you. I've been investigating filters. (however, a filter don't do sh/t for my dependence on a guy with a mobile derrick)
  2. hamlet_jones

500' deep well, steel pipe (galv.), rusty water... replace with PVC?

If it were not for the weight of that damn 1-1/4" pipe, I could yank it myself (and still might) but service requires a derrick, and the water is rusty, even after many 21' sections replaced. (could be the casing). ~end rant~ Question: If I replaced the galv with PVC, would it provide enough...
  3. hamlet_jones

Is a flow inducer on 4" pump really needed with large holding tank?

Thanks! I get it. I laying on it's side, I need a 2nd check valve, spring loaded ball, swing, and what position?
  4. hamlet_jones

Is a flow inducer on 4" pump really needed with large holding tank?

Hiya, Application is large holding basin, with 4" deep well pump. I've heard of shrouds or inducers for a vertical install, to help suck water from off the end of the motor, to get every last drop out of the tank, but do you really need it for cooling if the volume of water is 500 gallons, and...
  5. hamlet_jones

Frozen pipe prevention for Mobile home after power outage... insolvable problem?

Thanks. Generator isn't an option, because I travel. I think I might bury the lines to each appliance in the soil (short shovel?) and create an insulated riser to each (shower, toilet, kitchen, etc). With enough insulation, the pipes would be okay for a couple days at least..
  6. hamlet_jones

Frozen pipe prevention for Mobile home after power outage... insolvable problem?

I drip water at the taps to prevent freeze-ups during brief 20f weather. It's worked for 20 years. We had a big windstorm, during the night a tree crashed onto major power pole during 14f temps. Power was out for 9 hours during the night while we slept. The woodstove kept the Mobile home warm...
  7. hamlet_jones

1/2 valve on 3/4 line, 3/4 valve on a 1-1/2" line, etc. like that... Head loss?

Thanks. I found a helpful table, below. I need to think on this. http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pvc-pipes-equivalent-length-fittings-d_801.html
  8. hamlet_jones

1/2 valve on 3/4 line, 3/4 valve on a 1-1/2" line, etc. like that... Head loss?

Howdy, I tried a search, and engineers toolbox .com, but I couldn't find nuthin. Is the head loss appreciable for using an undersize valve in a system that's otherwise one size all the way thru? Does necking down a little make much difference, or, head loss overall? My system is 1100...
  9. hamlet_jones

Frost proof faucet problem

Same valve, same problem. Tenant left hose hooked up all winter, and the next thing you know, water is coming out the stem. Replaced, but next time, I'm putting in a waste and drain valve inside the garage, and locking it for winter.
  10. hamlet_jones

Outdoor PVC pipe and saddle tee question about maximum pressure

Interesting. Will a well primed, glued, and CLAMPED saddle last? I like the part about drilling it with the valve installed! (Ball valve?) I'm sure you're using some kind of splash-shield and a cordless drill to prevent electrocution...
  11. hamlet_jones

Okay, thanks Terry. I'll use the primer/glue and be done with it.
  12. hamlet_jones

Jogging sideways in a ditch? Story of my life... :rolleyes: I want to avoid the downtime with glue, so I may use compression. This line also supplies a rental home, and cabin. Trying to keep everybody happy.
  13. hamlet_jones

Okay, I'll use a Slip-Fit with a tee. I'll look for an appropriate BF.
  14. hamlet_jones

Hi folks, I have a 1-1/2 pvc supply pipe in a 1100 foot run from my well to my house. I need to tap into this near the middle section for irrigation supply to a planned orchard. I am contemplating using a sch40 saddle tee. I've dug up the pipe (36 inches deep). Of course, there is no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks