Search results

1. Jsncrso

hot water circulating pump...keeps pips from freezing?

Quick question now that it's super cold. Will an instant hot water circulating pump keep my pipes from freezing up? My house is on pilings and no enclosed underneath so anytime the temps drop below 30, the pipes freeze up. My main water line going into the house has insulation and heat tape so...
  2. Jsncrso

Cash Acme tank booster

Has anyone used these? I need to squeeze about 10 more gallons of hot water from my 40 gallon electric heater. They seem to have overall good reviews on the Home Depot website. Doing a bit of math (measured total BTUs for a given volume of water), I got 22% more hot water with the tank booster...
  3. Jsncrso

3/4' poly into 3" DWV PVC

I wouldn't either except for the fact I have less than a foot of drop over 75' and a sump pump basin would be subject to rainwater intrusion. Thanks for the tip, that does sound more doable.
  4. Jsncrso

That's essentially the question I'm asking. The 3" PVC is 18" below grade and the 3/4" poly pipe will be about 6" below grade. I'll do it however way works best which is why I'm asking you guys. I know they make those T fittings that snap over smaller diameter pipe and you drill out the outlet...
  5. Jsncrso

Hi all, I'm installing a macerating toilet in a detached outdoor workshop. The discharge of this toilet is 3/4". I plan on running poly pipe from the toilet and into to the 3" PVC pipe that leads into my septic tank. What is the best way to accomplish this without a ridiculous number of...
  6. Jsncrso

Long distance bathroom

Will these options work for a 200' run with no slope? The few pumps I've looked at in Lowes are meant to pump waste straight up then sloped. If so then I know what I need now.
  7. Jsncrso

Long distance bathroom

I'm wanting to put a small half-bathroom in our horse barn located about 200 feet from our house. Problem is, I need somewhere to drain it. We have a very high water table and have clay soil and our septic system is the engineered type with a pump and overflow so a normal small septic system...
  8. Jsncrso

4500w vs 5500w elements

Our home has a 50 gallon 4500w water heater. Since most of us in our household use the hot water generally around the same time of way, I would like the water heater to have a faster recovery rate. I would like to replace the 4500w elements with 5500w ones. The wire and breakers (30amp) are...
  9. Jsncrso

Is it possble to drill your well like this?

I could very well be wrong. I'm assuming it's non-profit, but since I have not checked their status, it's only my opinion and could very well be a for profit company. Regardless, we are keeping the county water for our home for now and will use the well only for livestock watering, outside...
  10. Jsncrso

Surprisingly the permit is issued by a non-profit company, Albemarle Regional Health Services. Seven NE NC counties use them for their services. Here is their rate schedule: http://www.arhs-nc.org/media/pdf/WellFees.pdf
  11. Jsncrso

Porky, thanks for the insight. That's about what I figured I had to do, and I'm glad you confirmed it. I'll have to swing by Noland and pick up a bag. Since this well is in Currituck, I don't need a permit ($400!) unless I use it for human consumption which I don't plan to do yet. Once I get it...
  12. Jsncrso

Thanks for the reply. The county (Currituck) water department states "The Currituck County mainland water supply is drawn from 28 shallow wells and 3 deep wells located in Maple, NC. The fresh water shallow wells are 50-140 feet deep and the deep brackish wells are 185' deep; both well systems...
  13. Jsncrso

I'm drilling with a 2 inch PVC pipe with teeth cut into the pipe as my drill point. The 3/4" is just the amount of water supply I'm using (I tapped into my county water main line coming into the house instead of the common water hose method to get more GPM). Anyway, the air method you describe...
  14. Jsncrso

Hey all. I recently drilled my own well to about 20' using the popular DIY method using a 3/4" water supply and a 2" PVC pipe drill. I live only a few feet above sea level on top of soft clay and consequently the water table is only about 8 feet below. While it literally takes me less than 10...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks