Search results

1. Caduceus

Need help identifying Tub valve

That looks like an American Standard R110SS cartridge. Google the image for it and compare for yourself. You will need to replace the cartridge. Maybe American Standard customer service can assist in getting one if you have limited resources in your area. Be sure to shut off the water to the...
  2. Caduceus

Proper Gas Hot Water Tank Flushing

I have to add that you SHOULD NOT drain a water heater and allow it to cool with the drain valve closed. If the sealed hot/warm tank cools without any vacuum relief (open drain valve or open faucet-hot side) the tank can become damaged from a vacuum. Just do as Mark instructed.
  3. Caduceus

Proper Gas Hot Water Tank Flushing

Yeah, just do as Mark stated. Just be careful with the hot water coming out initially so that nobody gets scalded.
  4. Caduceus

How illegal is this? Vented gas fixtures

Multiple appliances can connect to properly sized and installed exhaust flue. The concerns that I first notice in the pictures are elevation for flooding and flammable vapors (most codes require 18", could vary), air tight seals on connections of piping, slope of piping, clearances to nearby...
  5. Caduceus

Radon testing

Maybe look to your state as an additional resource where you may find registered contractors, approved test kits and regulations. My state provides them and reads them for free. Here is the Colorado link. https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe/categories/services-and-information/environment/radon
  6. Caduceus

Vacation, A, and B lights

I hope you never served in any branch of the military. You don't know much about bullets and how they tear apart the human body. Don't give advice on something you don't understand. Your paper targets don't scream when they're shot. I should add that you have made the same "poof" predictions...
  7. Caduceus

I think some of my fellow veterans can appreciate that last post. Yeah. They get it.
  8. Caduceus

Okay! Lookie over here! It's me waving my arms! Yeah, over here! See me now? Yeah, your head is firmly and quite comfortably buried in your butt hole. Neck n' all. In my hospital corpsman days we called it an anal-cranial inversion which typically follows a acute case of brain-farts. You have...
  9. Caduceus

Yeah, you're right. I mistakenly assumed that you lived in a rental, but were responsible for appliance upkeep and maintenence. Also that you were dealing with CS at the manufacturer level to find a solution. So many states have different rental laws and responsibilities that I should have dug...
  10. Caduceus

P.S. Don't forget about the .45 and the bottle of whiskey...there's always a way out.
  11. Caduceus

Uh, oh....now somebody is bringing up size. Sounds like insecurities are coming to the surface. Guess you got a big ol' pick up truck or really expensive sports car to make up for your shortcomings. Sorry to hear that , buddy. Not all can be blessed. Speaking of broken records, I just picked up...
  12. Caduceus

Okay, next weeks episode on bi-polar disorder started earlier than expected.^^^ See above quotes ^^^. Instead, next week DonL will give a tutorial on "Becoming a Millionaire Overnight: Penile Implants and the Men Who Love Them." Don't change that channel.....
  13. Caduceus

Need Opinion on a Soldered Joint

Awesome. Like I said, good catch and smart move looking for an outside opinion on the matter through this forum.
  14. Caduceus

Oh, I knew I could get it out of ya, Don! Ladies and gentlemen, we now have the "validation" segment of our look into the mind of DonL, where a man whose manhood had been damaged will fall back on specific stats on his successes and extend his penis size with financial wonderment that we simple...
  15. Caduceus

Well, got some stories but let's address the real problem here since the thread has apparently been hijacked by our ridiculous banter. If you are using your own poor customer service ability and lack of ambition to help the people who call on you for service as an omen for what the public should...
  16. Caduceus

Maybe because of your lack of experience you don't realize that, when asked the right questions, customer service will tell you the basic interpretation of the error code for the model. Not a specific diagnosis. They can also advise on troubleshooting as it relates to the owner's manual, send a...
  17. Caduceus

You could also call customer service and maybe they will tell you what the error code means. That's where to start.
  18. Caduceus

Your owners manual should have an error code guide in it or if you misplaced it look for one online. I couldn't find one for you yet on the internet. There will be a general interpretation of the error code in the manual.
  19. Caduceus

are US toilet makers asleep?

So Home Cheapo sells crap toilets and other big box stores also suck manufacturers into producing garbage products? So Toto is just like all of the others and don't buy their cheap big box store crap either from Home Depot. Got it.
  20. Caduceus

Dropped a 3" PVC flat clean out cover into a 4" sanitary sewer clean out... help...

If you could post a few pics maybe something can be done. Is it visible at all? Is this the sewer outside of the house and is there a house trap?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks