Search results

1. C

Timer

I am currently using a submersible well pump without pressure tank or switch to irrigate lawn from river I just turn on and turn off what can I use to turn the pump on at a certain time every day. What would you recommend using and how would I wire it I was thinking about a hot water heater...
  2. C

help with system

I am currently running 3/4 hp submercible pump 500 ft of 1in pipe at 50 ft elevation rise above water, getting at the end about 14 gallons a minute. I can run 2 of my impact sprinklers large type rated to reach 100 ft diameter, my question is I have a 1hp jet pump rated at 22 gallon per minute...
  3. C

Pressure tank or not

Didn't know if I should also post on the forum also.I am currently running 3/4hp submersible pump from pond to water yard, running 500ft of 1in pipe and two (sears) sprinklers rated at 60 psi min. they two is the most I can run. My question is I just picked up a large 60 gallon or so pressure...
  4. C

Pressure tank or not

The sprinklers i am running will cover about 100 ft diameter eachwhich is pretty good but when I add the third sprinkler the pressure has dropped to much to run 3 and can only run 2
  5. C

Pressure tank or not

I am currently running 3/4hp submersible pump from pond to water yard, running 500ft of 1in pipe and two (sears) sprinklers rated at 60 psi min. they two is the most I can run. My question is I just picked up a large 60 gallon or so pressure tank, if I use this tank will I be able to run more...
  6. C

GFCI Breaker

Gfci I hooked the GFCI up with the pump ground going to the ground bar in the panel and red to load and black to load lug and coiled white to neutral bar, which left the load neutral on breaker unused the breaker worked and did not trip. The test button works and also when I pull one load wire...
  7. C

GFCI Breaker

How do I to check it for shorts what should I read whats good and whats bad
  8. C

GFCI Breaker

I am running a 1/2 hp submersible 2 wire pump in pond to irragate lawn, trying to use a 20 amp GFCI 220v panel breaker. I have been using 20 amp regular breaker but wanted to use the GFCI but it trips every time I switch it on. I put red to black to load and third wire green I think to neutral...
  9. C

Wire guage

I currently use 12/2 wire for a 3/4 hp submersible pump ran at 490ft if I use a 1hp pump will the 12/2 wire be OK or will this hurt the pump and what will it do if anything?
  10. C

1/2hp vs. 3/4hp submersible

I had a 3/4 hp submersible pump go out rated at 10gpm I have a spare 1/2 hp 10gpm pump. My question is will there be much differance in the two? I use it to water lawn from a lake I ran 500ft of 1 in. pipe from water to sprinklers but the elevation rise is only about 60 ft. With the 3/4 I was...
  11. C

What causes this

The breaker box is a Square D 100 Amp. when I check resisitance on the on the two legs and ground I get open reading. Is this correct any thing else I can check to verify, do you think it is building capacitance up because when I ran it and it sat for awhile I didn't feel the tingle only...
  12. C

What causes this

I have a 1 hp submersible pump located in a lake using it for irragation yesterday was cleaning silt from pump just had turned it off about 10 minutes prior to cleaning it and when I touched the pump it knocked the fire out of me. Do you think something is wrong because the breaker was turned...
  13. C

Will this hurt pump

Installed a 3/4 hp 10gpm submersible in river to irragate lawn open discharge I am using craftsman extra large sprinklers 8500sq ft reccomends running between 30 and 50 psi. My question is I normally run 2 sprinklers tried three but will not run third one very well, I tried one sprinkler and it...
  14. C

Pump Question

Installed a 3/4 hp. Sta-rite pump into creek for watering yard I used 475ft of 12/2 wire, my question what size fuse should I use and what can I do to make sure if a wire breaks on the pump in the water that it will throw the breaker. Is there something that can be recommended that would be a...
  15. C

Irragation from river

Outlet size The pump has a 1 1/4 outlet should I use 1 1/4 or choke it down to 1 in which is better for my purpose. The pump is a sta-rite siganture 2000.
  16. C

Irragation from river

I live close to a river and want to pump from the river to water new lawn, I have about a 60 ft elevation rise from water to yard and a distance of about 450 ft. I have a 3/4 hp submersible pump I want to use it is a 2 wire pump, does anyone have any ideas about how to or best way to install in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks