Search results

1. MBrown

Water level in toilet bowl mystery--vent problem?

Mystery partially solved So it seems I have a super-short vent pipe on the roof. When the wind blows, it blows right down the pipe and I can see the water in my upstairs toilet bowl moving up and down. This toilet has always been on the low side since I moved in. Thanks to everyone for your...
  2. MBrown

Thanks I'll try pouring water into the bowl. I'll also try the food coloring trick that I saw elsewhere. After more research it seems that if it was a bad vent, I would hear gurgling sounds from the drain or smell sewer gases. None of this is present. Also, when I flush the downstairs toilet...
  3. MBrown

I've researched this and think I've found the answer, but wanted to see what you thought. I have a fairly-new Kohler toilet on the top floor of my house. On the bottom level, I have a new Toto Drake. When it gets windy, the water level in the bowl of the Kohler goes down to almost nothing...
  4. MBrown

Gas pipe joint has rotated--leak?

Thanks everyone The joint seems fine but I'm calling a plumber tomorrow to have him/her check it out for my sanity's sake. I need an estimate for a water supply repipe anyway. Thanks!
  5. MBrown

Gas pipe joint has rotated--leak?

OK, here's the situation: My two overly rambunctious cats knocked over a stepladder in the utility room. The ladder fell over and was stopped by...the gas pipe leading to the furnace. The gas pipe hangs down from a 90-degree joint that is anchored to the floor joist above. When the ladder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks