Search results

1. bobbyb

Copper repipe

The job is in progress, it would be tested upon completion.
  2. bobbyb

Copper repipe

Virtually nothing is ever guaranteed, but what's the risk factor? The fact is that most of the work is already done. Had I done it myself I'd want it to look beautiful, but aesthetics are just that. Based on what you've seen in the post, is there good reason to be alarmed, or only the...
  3. bobbyb

Copper repipe

Thanks for the input hj. So if I understand correctly, the sloppy soldering and pipe positioning is not necessarily an indication of any actual issue with the pluming. Is it safe to say that if the pluming passes a pressure and water test it's in decent shape? Another concern I had was with the...
  4. bobbyb

Copper repipe

Thanks. I was advised it'll boil down to the material used and how often it's strapped. Based on what you've seen here, should I have concerns beyond aesthetics?
  5. bobbyb

Copper repipe

A future project is to spray foam insulation on the rafters, as the attic is unfortunately home to HVAC equipment. In a conditioned space, would you say insulating the pipes is also a wasted exercise (considering they won't heat up that much anyway)?
  6. bobbyb

Copper repipe

I was going to get to the inspection. Exactly what will the inspector be looking at? Can one fail an inspection due to ugly soldering and poor pipe placement? A photo in the original post showed a copper strap screwed into a king post. Is that strapping acceptable? A little background on this...
  7. bobbyb

Copper repipe

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking the same. I'm not sure why it's being done this way. Initially I was advised that only ProPress would be used, as it would avoid soldering in the attic and expedite the job. I was surprised to see a combination of both being used. The soldering looks sloppy...
  8. bobbyb

Copper repipe

Hey guys. A copper repipe is currently in progress. I've just been in the attic and taken some photos. I am not personally doing this work, and would appreciate opinions from some experts. Cheers!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks