Search results

1. Flush

Big problems arise after bathroom remodel: advice needed

Thanks, Terry. The flex seems to be MUCH greater than ordinary, because it has torn the caulk apart repeatedly when we fill the tub. It is silicone, specifically marketed for use in tubs and showers. The contractor now believes the problem is joists too-far-apart and allowing for flex. He...
  2. Flush

Big problems arise after bathroom remodel: advice needed

We had a contractor remodel our bathroom back in December. It was a nearly-gut job, with all new fixtures, flooring, tiled bath/shower combo, etc. There were ups and downs during the process, but we were over-all impressed with the company, especially how the owner promptly resolved a problem...
  3. Flush

Two tubs: what's the difference??

This is the point where I feel like doing a Star Trek Dr Bones impression: "Dammit Jim...I'm a social service worker, not a plumber!" :rolleyes: Based on our contractor's recommendation and our own visit to a plumbing showroom, we've selected the American Standard Americast Cambridge tub...
  4. Flush

Installing a very old pedestal sink

Hey, you are correct! I tipped the pedestal over and found the anchor spot inside. It even has the filthy old bolt in it. I guess they knew how to secure things back in the day. This is probably something the floor guys need to be aware of, huh? To make sure there's a solid floor stud or...
  5. Flush

Heehee your "street prices" gives me the picture of a shady guy mooching down the street, opening his trench coat and saying: "Hey buddy, wanna buy a toilet?" But that's a good point. We just started researching prices on the Totos. At this point, I'm just comparing Toto to Toto and figuring...
  6. Flush

I forgot to add: it has one or two long bolts that go between the pedestal and the basin to firmly hold them together. It's fully self-supporting. The vintage plumbing place where we found it also gave us some very simple brackets to attach the basin to the wall, just as an extra precaution...
  7. Flush

Wow, I love the look of the Promenade! I don't love the price, though. I think we'll have to choose between the more modern-looking Drake II, or a different brand. We'll probably choose function over form and go with the Toto. I do want to find a non-plastic lid for it, though. I just don't...
  8. Flush

Hi, this is my first post. I've searched the forum because I don't want to annoy everyone by asking a well-worn question :D but I haven't seen this one answered, yet. Maybe because it's a silly question. But all things plumbing are foreign to us, so I guess I have a bunch of silly questions...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks