Search results

1. Rreeuuvveenn

Check valve at the well's pit,?

maybe the middle fuse was the weakest link, when i tried the system after , i did shut it down when amperage start climbing to 30 + amp, rest of the house worked fine,no reports of failure, we have other three phase pumps, no problem, we have a backup generator, on Tuesday i will give...
  2. Rreeuuvveenn

you are right boyedrilling, still have contactor, and 30 amp fuse, middle fuse blew out,
  3. Rreeuuvveenn

thank you very much for your time, experience, lesson,and kindly sharing it,
  4. Rreeuuvveenn

hi normal amprage was 6-7 amp, cut off the pump, at 4.5 amp. clamp on amp showed 40 amp, on one phase, when we shut it off, might try in two days again, ( till we get the budget to rig the pump out), might try to bypass the upper check valve, control box is motor saver 777-LR, thanks
  5. Rreeuuvveenn

thanks for your kind replies, I did messier motor resistance, all look fine,( three phase 208 volt) control box, matches clamp on amp. meter, Do not understand, Block output of the pump, will cause the pump to work less???!!! Or to build up more pressure, to over come a blocked pipe,(stuck...
  6. Rreeuuvveenn

Dear Forum, our 520 feet well pump, blew a fuse, and went from 6 amp current, to 40 amp!!!! Grundfos pump, 1.5 hp, 1.25 secdu. 120 pipe,ss fittings, Motor's resistance checks good, 20 years old check valve at the well head pit( can not upload a 138k picture), Could the check valve be a...
  7. Rreeuuvveenn

Cracked 4 inch cast iron pipe,

we are in Los Angels county, on a hill facing the ocean, freezing once in three decades, My guess is strong straps+ age+ horizontal position+age+ small defect+who knows
  8. Rreeuuvveenn

happy thanks giving, Looks like Anaco is selling no hub fittings, could not find their CI pipe selling,
  9. Rreeuuvveenn

20 years old 4 inch cast iron pipe, 9 feet long, Made in USA, by Anaco, drains rain water from a flat roof, straps in three places, why? did replaced with ABS pipe, Thanks
  10. Rreeuuvveenn

When an amateur diy plumbers is installing a new water heater

New gas water heater, 50 Gallons, trying to minimize electrolysis between copper and steel, putting CPVC fitting, double wall 3" chimney , over kill?
  11. Rreeuuvveenn

FE standart pumptec, yellow light flicking after pumping cycle

0 psi, does not hold any pressure, as soon as compress is 100 psi, it drops to zero, and i know their is water, i turn the system off for an hour, and next pumping 100 gallons, i have a water meter before the sand filter, and the tank, thanks
  12. Rreeuuvveenn

had a amp clip around the wire, when it drops below 7 amps, it shuts off, lowered sensitivity to 60% thanks for the input,
  13. Rreeuuvveenn

Thanks for the input, and happy holidays, Static tube does hold air pressure, that's what makes me concern,+flickering yellow, have 1/2 inch hole in the well head, thinking of lowering a string to get static level,
  14. Rreeuuvveenn

Hi experienced team, we have a 310 feet well, around 1500 gallons a day, in California, 1 HP grundfos pump, since 2008, 1.25 inch pipe, static level tube does hold air pressure, did put a clamp on ampmeter, 8.7 amps, after few minutes starts flickering, one amp up and down from FE...
  15. Rreeuuvveenn

geting the static water table without lifting the pump few "

NO. but thanks for replying i need to verify that 209 feet above the hose is true, my boss does not believe my numbers, pump stops after 10 min, goes dry, current goes down, water does not come out, as if the pump runs dry, do not see a check place for measuring the water level, casong...
  16. Rreeuuvveenn

geting the static water table without lifting the pump few "

need to verify the reading of the plastic tubing (90 psi), pump puts out some gallons and rests for a day, 1.5HP, 540 feet deep, 3ph, grundfos, 7 years old, but did not work much, we are in a sever drought, thanks a lot reuven
  17. Rreeuuvveenn

Do 200 feet of water above the 1.5 HP pump help the pump push 540 feet head up?

Thanks for your kind help, the pump saver(777-LR) shows the same as the clam-on meter, will try and observe a lower Under current sating, thanks so much, reuven
  18. Rreeuuvveenn

Thanks so much for the replays, I did put the cycle sensor on one pump, and it works good, tank is full, and drought is on,ran is off, My problem with the 540 feet deep well is,the 1/4" air tube, indicates 90 psi +/-20psi, which means plenty of water, sensor (777-LR) say UC at 4.5 amp...
  19. Rreeuuvveenn

Thanks for your response, here is what i can see, The pump is pumping water into a non -pressurized storage tank, The water level drops around 40 feet of water to 180 ABOVE the pump, when the flow drops to 2 gpm(more or less), after 10-20 minutes,goes into under current, stops pumping...
  20. Rreeuuvveenn

right, it pumps water, start at 6 gpm slows down to 2 gpm goes to under current, in 15-25 minutes, water level is still high, 180 feet to 220 feet, pump is at the top off the curve, this performance fits Grundfos curve, at 540 feed down it is at its limit, My inexperience...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks