Search results

1. drvnwell

Expansion tank question

I misspoke, it was the T&P relief valve, sorry.
  2. drvnwell

Expansion tank question

The drain valve from my water heater keeps draining. I replaced the relief valve but that did not remedy the problem. I tapped the expansion tank and it appears to be full of water. It is a watts DET 12 M1 which is no longer produced. What is a good compatible replacement? Any suggestions...
  3. drvnwell

Pump/driven well question

So I got everything set up with a 1hp shallow well pump and 30' drop pipe with a foot valve. Everything is working great. I am getting about 4 1/2 gallons/minute. I let it run for over three hours and it just chugged away with no disruption in flow. I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the...
  4. drvnwell

Wet_Boots, That is my plan B if this doesn't work out. I have a shallow well pump already available so I am going to hook it up and see what I get. The jet pumps are supposed to be good down to 86 feet. I am planning on using the h20 for irrigation supplied by drip hose. If my flow isn't...
  5. drvnwell

Thanks for the feedback guys! The suggestion to downsize to a 1 inch foot valve is a good idea. Will the 1 inch restrict the flow very much? My 1 1/4 inch pipe is assembled with internal slip couplings so it fits the 2" with room to spare. Another question comes to mind now that I've taken...
  6. drvnwell

My hole was augered to the water table(19'). I then dropped the well point in and went another 21'. So that is my plan. I will drop 1 1/4 inch pipe 30+ feet into the 2 inch and see what kind of flow I get. Two other questions: Is a foot valve preferred over a flow valve? If I have a flow...
  7. drvnwell

After the point was driven, I flushed it with a hose. I could hear the water down to about 8-10 feet, but it didn't get any higher. I also back flushed the point with a clog buster for about 40 minutes. I had access to a 2" gas pump that was hooked up and run for about 25 minutes. After...
  8. drvnwell

I recently punched a driven well to 41 feet with 2" galvanized pipe with 5' well point. My water table is at 19'(so 22' in the water). I have a question about pump/pipe sizing. I am going to use a 1hp shallow well pump that is rated at 15gpm. The pump inlet is sized at 1 1/4". Will there be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks