Search results

1. stockman20

Alternative to Super Iron Out - horrific smell when used in softener

Alternative to Super Iron Out - horrific smell with softener Hello all, Does anyone have any ideas for alternative products to periodically clean iron from softener resin? I am done with Super Iron Out. I noticed that my softener was set to regen one night (about 8 days ago) so I mixed in...
  2. stockman20

Got water test results back...recommended treatment?

Hello all, After having been visited by both RainSoft and Kenetico and having both offer a different $5000 solution, I've taken it upon myself to have a lab test my water and devise a solution myself. However, I will need help from the experts on this forum! Just to review, we currently have...
  3. stockman20

Just had a visit from RainSoft...please review!!!

Hi all and thanks in advance for the advice, I'll start with what we currently have: GE whole house filter (one from Home Depot) installed before a GE GXSF30H cabinet softener. The softener is doing a pretty good job keeping up, as I regularly test the hardness and it is 2 GPG or lower and...
  4. stockman20

Did Super Iron Out ruin my softener?

Hi all, I have a private well with a GE whole-house filter and GE GXSF30H cabinet water softener that is about 13 years old. We have owned the house for four months. Up until this past weekend the softener was working great - using salt normally and producing nice, soft water clear of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks