Search results

1. igornys

Water pressure regulator problem – pressure increases overnight

I assume the tank is fine as I replaced a broken expansion tank just a couple of days ago, adjusting pressure to what was provided by PVR (i.e. 50 psi) ... and yes, I measured pressure in the tank after turning off the cold water supply/opening hot water faucet … As for your test – it takes...
  2. igornys

What replacement regulator would you recommend? The one I have installed looks similar to modern Watts LF25AUB-Z3 regulator and High-performance Watts LFU5B-Z3. I was also looking to Zurn-Wilkins 34-70XLDUC that in my case will be easier to install because of the unions on the both side.
  3. igornys

As for now, having water dripping from a faucet slowly solved the problem – the pressure now stays at 50 psi. I will go ahead replacing PVR - would you recommend any specific brand/model?
  4. igornys

As I mentioned already, the place is not completely open and difficult to access. In addition I will need to drain water that will be not easy keeping in mind location.
  5. igornys

I do have ST-12 expansion tank, this is a lot of volume to fill in, also if the water “creeps” through the seat the actual flow will gradually decrease with the increasing of the house pressure. As for the pressure in the “upstream” – it was 150psi this morning, almost90 psi inside the house.
  6. igornys

I would rather consider Watts PRV + SharkBite connector on one side (I will be probably able to re-use existing union on another side). Do you know if Sharkbyte are permitted for that kind of work?
  7. igornys

I would also prefer to solder, however, as I mention before the PVR is mounted the way that it is very difficult to access/solder. In this case I will not trust myself to do it as DIY job unless I use “sharkbite” or similar (even if it would be possible to re-use the existing union on one side)...
  8. igornys

... my journey started in a different thread some time ago – now I do have a working expansion tank. It is good to know that there is a maximum pressure differential allowed on the PRV. It looks like this LF25AUB-Z3 Watts units will perfectly handle it. Now another question – the regulator is...
  9. igornys

I recently discovered that water pressure in my house it too high and tried to adjust it on the water pressure regulator. The problem is that the pressure that I set at 50psi increases to about 80 if I check it as the first thing in the morning. I assume that there is a ‘leak’ inside the...
  10. igornys

Water heater expansion tank

How often do you typically replace the expansion tank? As for the service/pressure maintenance – indeed having a separate valve would be more convenient. I assume, however, that closing the incoming could water to the heater/opening hot water faucet at the location nearby for a couple of...
  11. igornys

Strapping should perfectly hold 4 gallon tank even if full of water, but as a former Defense Industry Engineer :-),  I don’t trust mounts that have extra degree of freedom. The wall is unfortunately a bit too far to use a shelf bracket to support. As for the tank itself, the previous one was...
  12. igornys

Terry, Terry, thanks a lot for the response - I actually installed support when replacing tank earlier today. My major concern was weight in case tanks is leaking/become full of water. Specifically in my case the tee has 1/2" connection when my Amtrol tank has 3/4" connector so that I had...
  13. igornys

Terry, Gary, thanks a lot for the quick response. I was looking at the on-line installation instruction provided by Home Depot. The limitation is described in the section on the left, last sentence in the warning #5. Please note, that PDF manual was revised on 8/06 (see on the bottom)...
  14. igornys

Expansion tank on my 50 gallon water heater become full of water so that I decided to replace it ordering the same model (Therm-X-Trol ST-12) that I had before. The tank was installed horizontally above the heater (see below). Now when reading installation manual, I see that according to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks